problem reprogramming the globecast receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Brigitta

Original poster
Mar 20, 2008
Hi,

I'm pulling my hair out here (CA) trying to reprogram my globecast receiver!
BVN has switched satellites per jan. 1st from the Telstar to the AMC-4 so I have to re-aim and reprogram everything. (I haven't watched for a while but now my sister is coming over in May from Holland and I want it up and running again)
Everything went fairly easy, I got the dish repositioned, found the satellite, found BVN! So far so good.
Now I try to 'lock' the channel and that's where a lot of #$%^@&*! comes into play!
Everytime I have everything done and exit it goes back to the 'default' setting (or the first one I got when the receiver picked up the signal) which is some arab channel. It's driving me bananas! What am I doing wrong?

Anybody? Please?

Brigitta

I wonder if the Globecast box will only work with the T5 stuff?

I havent worked with a GC box so I honestly don't know.

Hi Iceberg,

Thanks for the fast reply! Well, this is part of what BVN says on their website (most of the rest is in dutch). It doesn't sound very encouraging but you would think at least it was possible????

SATELLITE RECEIVER:

Option # 1: Purchase a new satellite receiver for $ 99.00 + shipping Click here to order a new (better quality) satellite receiver today

Option # 2: Reprogram your current satellite receiver (not recommended) Click here to download the instructions on how to reprogram your satellite receiver

Please note: In order to guarantee a good quality of service in the future we highly recommend that you get a fresh new start and purchase a new satellite receiver for the special low price of $ 99.00.
If you wish to continue to use your old satellite reciever please keep in mind that BVN-America will not provide technical support for those satellite receivers once you have been repointed to the new satellite platform.

Actually, the instructions listed in Option 2 look pretty straightforward. Just like adding a new satellite to any FTA receiver. I think you should use option 2, and make sure that you actually scan the satellite before you exit from the setup menu. Possibly you are not scanning the channels before you exit. If you do that on a standard FTA box , you will go back to your previous defined channel. Happens to me a lot :)

Try , Try again. I think you'll be okay.

:)

Brent

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts