Motor settings?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DarrenS

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 8, 2008
Hi everyone, got my FTA package today, and put dish together, the motor i have is a geosat pro 120 and direction say i should set limitations on motor from east to west, would 61 west to 148 west be good enough? i am guesing most of the east is C band? I live in Arizona.

Do you have any obstacles that the dish might hit? (That is the main reason for the hardware limits)

In Los Angeles I have my Eastern limit at the max which allows me to hit 53.0°W Intelsat 707 Ku. In Arizona you should be able to get to 43.0°W Intelsat 3R C/Ku. (I used Phoenix and Sedona for the calculations)

On the Western side I can see the 148.0°W EchoStar 1.2 Ku and have the limit set a little bit more than that.

Thanks, there will be no obstacles, i just thought everytime i did a scan it would go all the way around and take a long time.

Thanks, there will be no obstacles, i just thought everytime i did a scan it would go all the way around and take a long time.

Not true at all :) It will go directly from the current location, to the commanded location . I STILL love watching the motors perform. It's some sort of magic, I think !

:)

Brent

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts