Motor settings?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

DarrenS

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 8, 2008
Hi everyone, got my FTA package today, and put dish together, the motor i have is a geosat pro 120 and direction say i should set limitations on motor from east to west, would 61 west to 148 west be good enough? i am guesing most of the east is C band? I live in Arizona.

Do you have any obstacles that the dish might hit? (That is the main reason for the hardware limits)

In Los Angeles I have my Eastern limit at the max which allows me to hit 53.0°W Intelsat 707 Ku. In Arizona you should be able to get to 43.0°W Intelsat 3R C/Ku. (I used Phoenix and Sedona for the calculations)

On the Western side I can see the 148.0°W EchoStar 1.2 Ku and have the limit set a little bit more than that.

Thanks, there will be no obstacles, i just thought everytime i did a scan it would go all the way around and take a long time.

Thanks, there will be no obstacles, i just thought everytime i did a scan it would go all the way around and take a long time.

Not true at all :) It will go directly from the current location, to the commanded location . I STILL love watching the motors perform. It's some sort of magic, I think !

:)

Brent

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)