Problem solving??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got words from the seller on that box.
He said that the box support Closed Captioned. And he also said
"Except that Closed Captioned is NOT supported via the HDMI output."
Then he said "Unfortunately after further research I have found that CC is not
supported by Jynxbox with either HDMI or component cables."

But WAIT!! I notice on the remote control, there's a green bottom that
says "CC" and it's Closed captioned.

So who's right or who????

Seems like nobody really cares for CC.

Perhaps that remote is more universal and/or sold with different model receivers in addition to the model receiver you bought? Just a thought.

You could always just try one of those converters from Amazon to prove to yourself if it does or doesn't support CC, and return the converter back to Amazon if you don't get CC.

Then he said "Unfortunately after further research I have found that CC is not
supported by Jynxbox with either HDMI or component cables."
As those are the only outputs it has, how can it support CC and not be able to output it?

The only safe assumption is that it doesn't support CC regardless of the sticker on the remote.

Hi Folks,

Just got an e-mail from National Captioning Institute in Los Angeles, California, NCI.
I want to share with you and see what you think what can be done.
I'm not sure if I understand it, maybe you can.

Here's an e-mail from NCI in L.A.

To: ECruz68007@aol.com
Sent: 1/18/2017 9:05:10 A.M. Pacific Standard Time
Subj: RE: Closed captioned and HDMI cable and converter box

Eugene,

The HDMI technology standard does not pass the closed caption data. There’s no way around that. So the only two options are to have a device decode the caption data and insert the captions on the video prior to passing the video over an HDMI cable, or using a connection method other than HDMI.

Best,

JM

Only SOL if the TS already purchased the Jynxbox.

The TS simply needs to find a receiver that truly handles closed captioning. It is a yes or no question and if the answer isn't an unqualified yes, dismiss it.

Why does this sound like an eBay deal?

CC was one of the conditions of the converter box program. These boxes all have the distinction of only producing NTSC output which lends itself to line 21 CC. The Jynxbox in question can't output NTSC video.

No matter how much reading, wishing and hoping you do, there is only one solution to your problem and it involves getting a fully functional receiver that properly handles modern closed captioning by rendering it internally. NTSC is history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts