Problem splitting signal

lithous

Original poster
Jul 30, 2004
I was trying to save my parents some installation money and set up one more TV at their house with Directv. They have dual LNB and I wanted to add a third receiver. I got another Directv box, called Directv and got a new card for it.

Then I went looking for a splitter so that one of the cables from dish to receiver could be split and go to two receivers. I couldn't find anything locally that did that so I tried the box that splits two into four sold at Radio Shack because, at this point, I didn't want to go into the attic and rewire when I could potentially split a cable already in the house. So I tried only having one cable go in and two out (of a two in / four out). This didn't work. The movie channels didn't come in on one of the TVs but the other channels did. I think the other TV didn't work at all. So I bought a signal booster to go before the splitter. Still didn't work. So I have a couple of questions:

1. How can I 3 directv receivers with dual LNB?
I am hoping not to have to wire the third cable from the dish to the receiver.
2. Why does the two in / four out splitter have different voltages listed for the outputs (13/14 for two and 17/18 for the other two)?

Thanks!

you need a Multi switch that allows 13 - 18 to pass through.... you need 2 lines from LNB to multiswitch, then 3 lines out to receivers

Heres a diagram - ( not sure if you use Off Air Ant. for locals or not )
if you don't, eliminate the Off air ant. and Diplexer

mult1

Pictures of the satellites

MCSE Training Kit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)