Problem w/ Comcast DVR. (DFW area)

caseyhdfreak

Original poster
Feb 17, 2004
Recently, I wanted to upgrade my hd reciever to an hd/dvr. I was excited to pick one up when heading over to the Carrolton office. Turns out they the only had single tuner (this really pissed me off! / i.e. The Office, Beauty and the Geek are on at the same time!). Anyway the guy told they're waiting for moto to get them new boxes and I had to be put on a list for them to call me. Now I go home with the single tuner box and hook it up. No guide data is shown (was kinda expecting that) so waited for about 5 hours to see if it downloaded anything. Nope. Called and had the box reset. Nothing for like 8 hours, Next day nothing. Called again to see what was up, csr said comp. problems. And I guess i need the guide data for the dvr functions to work because they don't nor VOD. Help me...

1.Whats the deal with the guide, the box, comcast?

2.Anybody in my area heard of a shortage of 6412's? If so how long will it take them?

I don't ussually have problems with comcast but I'm a little ticked off.

I signed up in July of 05 and they said they did not have any at that time also. The first dvr that I had was replaced within the first week. I have comcast in grand prairie.

In Arlington 2 months ago I had to replace my 6412 II and got a 6412 III this time.
They only had 5 on hand and claimed no new customers were getting a 6412 at that time due to a shortage of them. Instead they could only get a 6208 model. I was surprised to hear that as well. I say just keep stopping by the local office at least every weekend and checking. Calling Comcast is a waste of time.

Last edited:
i live in Dallas and since we have the A/B thing going on here, i can't get a 6412 which sucks....and they ran out of boxes so i have to get my cable installed tomorrow instead of today...

Spursdad89 said:
I have a question, on a 6412 receiver, do you need two inputs in order to for the box to work?

No, there is one cable input and there is a built in splitter to the two tuners.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts