Problem w/Local Channels Houston, Sat. 119

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

lwarteman

Original poster
Dec 16, 2007
This morning, I am having problems with all my HD local channels in Houston. I have a DTV HR21-700 receiver. I am getting major intermittent reception as if it was raining really hard, but it is not (just a little cloudy).
I don't know if this is related, but I am getting no signals on Sat. 119 at all.
When I called CS, they said I needed a b-band converter to receive local HD channels. Does anyone know if this will solve the problem with the local HD channel reception? It has been fine all week, just a problem this morning.
I don't know if it's on my end (i.e., tree obstruction, weather, etc.) or their end. Is there any way to tell?

Any suggestions? :confused:

Thanks,
Lisa
Zip 77386

This morning, I am having problems with all my HD local channels in Houston. I have a DTV HR21-700 receiver. I am getting major intermittent reception as if it was raining really hard, but it is not (just a little cloudy).
I don't know if this is related, but I am getting no signals on Sat. 119 at all.
When I called CS, they said I needed a b-band converter to receive local HD channels. Does anyone know if this will solve the problem with the local HD channel reception? It has been fine all week, just a problem this morning.
I don't know if it's on my end (i.e., tree obstruction, weather, etc.) or their end. Is there any way to tell?

Thanks,
Lisa
Zip 77386
Assuming you have one of the slimline dishes, you'll need one of the B-band converters for each line of your HR21-700.

Thanks,
Lisa
Zip 77386

Assuming you have one of the slimline dishes, you'll need one of the B-band converters for each line of your HR21-700.

But the B-band converters have nothing to do with any channels on the 119 sat, they are all Mpeg2 channels on the 119 and the BBC's are for Mpeg 4 (99 and 103 sats).
Could be a number of things, could be something going bad, maybe an LNB or a piece of coax.

Is this your only receiver, if not, is it happening on the other ones ?

Jimbo

The $1000 question is did you have the HD locals coming in fine before and then they went out; OR have you never received them?

I think it was Sat. that I turned to the local HD channels and got a message that they knew there was a problem. Out of curiosity, I changed to my OTA HD channels and they were fine. Another reason to have OTA.

The OP posted this 3 days ago and has not been back; must have figured it out or it isn't than important.. Dead thread?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)