Problem with 72.7/110/119

MMG

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 4, 2003
Just had my 61.5 turned to 72.7 and got good LOS on all transponders for all 3 birds. I get all the new channels but lost 26 of the HD channels that I already had. The ones that are lost are on 72.7 but like I said, I get the new HD channels from 72.7. I still get others that are also on 110 and 119. I tried a front panel reset a couple of times which didn't help. I called DISH and had them send a hit which didn't help but they told me that hits sometimes take a day to sink in. Any advice???

Last edited:
the ones you lost were probably on the 61.5. If your HD locals are on the 61.5 (if you are east of the Mississippi they probably are) then there are only three possible sat combinations that will get you everything. They are 119/110/61.5/72, 119/110/129/61.5, and 61.5/72/77

Last edited:
Thanks. I wanted to use 129 but couldn't get a good signal due to trees.

I looked at the EKB Dish Network Channel List for 72.7 and most of the ones missing from my guide are listed as being on 72.7 in HD. What's on 61.5 in HD that's missing from 72.7???

Thanks. I wanted to use 129 but couldn't get a good signal due to trees.

I looked at the EKB Dish Network Channel List for 72.7 and most of the ones missing from my guide are listed as being on 72.7 in HD. What's on 61.5 in HD that's missing from 72.7???

A lot. HD locals for one.

I get my HD locals OTA. I'm missing: Lifetime, Lifetime movies, Food, HGTV, A&E, BIO, HIST, BRAVO, TBS, NICK, DISN, DISN XD, TOON, ABC FAM, DISC, ANIMAL, Nat Geo, Hallmark Movie, SCI, CNN, Fox, Fox Business, CNBC, MSNBC, TWC and Travel. They're all listed on Tony's EKB site as being on 72.7 but I'm not getting them. Is his site incorrect?

Thanks Iceberg... that's what it is. Wish I'd used your lists instead of Tony's... Now... getting back to my roof... I'll have to call my guys back with a 1000.4 or can I use a DISH 500 to get 61.5 and 72.7??...

Or should I???... Are they going to migrate the HD on 61.5 to 72.7? Trees sure make things complicated...

Last edited:
Thanks Iceberg... that's what it is. Wish I'd used your lists instead of Tony's... Now... getting back to my roof... I'll have to call my guys back with a 1000.4 or can I use a DISH 500 to get 61.5 and 72.7??...

Or should I???... Are they going to migrate the HD on 61.5 to 72.7? Trees sure make things complicated...

they're probably not going to move the HD locals. From what I understand after the launch of Echostar-14 119/110/61.5 setups will be ok again.

I've heard both: migration of HDs off 61.5 vs. launch of E-14 to 61.5 making setups ok again. I think I'll stay as I am until E14 is up. I got the new HD channels now and can live with SDs of the others I'm missing as HD for now... When's E14 it supposed to be in place?

they're probably not going to move the HD locals. From what I understand after the launch of Echostar-14 119/110/61.5 setups will be ok again.

E14 is going to 119 and has nothing to do with the HD on 61.5 and 72.7. Dish has stated that will migrate national HD off of 61.5 to 72.7 by the fall. The HD locals will stay at 61.5 since they are on E12 there on spotbeams.

Dish has made there stance on them only wanting pure EA / WA installs. I don't seem the backing down on this either since it severely limits them on things having to support the hybrid arc setups.

TheList here is driven by the dish network tables themselves is usually within 15 minutes of them changing...so you can pretty much say the DishNetwork portion of TheList is live.

E14 is going to 119 and has nothing to do with the HD on 61.5 and 72.7. Dish has stated that will migrate national HD off of 61.5 to 72.7 by the fall. The HD locals will stay at 61.5 since they are on E12 there on spotbeams.

Dish has made there stance on them only wanting pure EA / WA installs. I don't seem the backing down on this either since it severely limits them on things having to support the hybrid arc setups.

Yes it will have an affect on 61.5. After E-14 goes to 119 one of the older sats at 119 will be moving to 61.5. I think its E-6 but I could be mistaken about that.

As for getting rid of 119/110/61.5 configurations I don't think you under stand how many are out there. I have personally installed over 100 systems like that.

E6 is moving from 72W to 61.5 W and will be used as backup only
http://www.satelliteguys.us/2128833-post15.html

On March 3, 2010, the Satellite Division granted, with conditions, the request of EchoStar Corporation to operate the EchoStar 6 space station
temporarily as an in-orbit spare at the 61.65 W.L. orbital location. Accordingly, EchoStar is authorized, for a period of 60 days, commencing on
February 15, 2010, to conduct Telemetry, Tracking, and Telecommand (TT&C) operations necessary to operate EchoStar 6 temporarily as an
in-orbit spare at the 61.65 W.L. orbital location. EchoStar is authorized to use the 17,305 MHz frequency for telecommand and the 12,203 and
12,204 MHz frequencies for telemetry during these operations. EchoStar is also authorized to activate the Direct Broadcast Satellite
communications payload on EchoStar 6 to conduct tests and in the event of a service outage of the EchoStar 3 or EchoStar 12 space stations.

Yeah lots of folks have 110/119/61.5 basterdized setups. Most of them have moved to EA or WA only ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts