Problem with 722 HD??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rswelch91

Original poster
Dec 4, 2006
Delaware
Hey guys hope you can help me out. I have only 1 722 and have had it since they came out with 0 problems. Now I am having issues with the DVR freezing during playback, live TV not pausing, and even a great slow down switching from 1 channel to another. Just to get to my recordings takes a long time, like the 722 is trying to find them. Time to call dish or is there anything to try. Also do i need to add DHPP before I do. This is a leased receiver. One more issue, will they insist on a tech or can i have a replacement sent to my billing address.

Thanks guys for any help.

First, have you tried a hard reset...unplugging it for a minute and letting it re-boot? If no better, then yes, it would seem your internal HD is dying and it's time to call.

Second, yes, add DHPP. I always wait a day after before I call, though it may not make a difference. I play it safe.

Third, it depends. I have had two replacements, one from a tech and one shipped to me. The one from the tech involved a bad tuner that was apparently gray matter to the phone techs. The shipped one was pre-determined by the phone tech as bad after having me go through a few steps.

just an update to my post. Got on chat today with a tech. Explained everything and they are sending a repl 722 and yes they will ship to billing address. Funny thing is, came home today and all is operating normally, but i figure the HD is on the`way out so. Also just got emailed with tracking info, the box has shipped already. Well got to give Dish a thumbs up on this one.

quick transfer

just an update to my post. Got on chat today with a tech. Explained everything and they are sending a repl 722 and yes they will ship to billing address. Funny thing is, came home today and all is operating normally, but i figure the HD is on the`way out so. Also just got emailed with tracking info, the box has shipped already. Well got to give Dish a thumbs up on this one.

Quick transfer everything off of the int HDD to and ext HDD.

Hey guys hope you can help me out. I have only 1 722 and have had it since they came out with 0 problems. Now I am having issues with the DVR freezing during playback, live TV not pausing, and even a great slow down switching from 1 channel to another. Just to get to my recordings takes a long time, like the 722 is trying to find them. Time to call dish or is there anything to try. Also do i need to add DHPP before I do. This is a leased receiver. One more issue, will they insist on a tech or can i have a replacement sent to my billing address.

Thanks guys for any help.

This doesn't sound like a receiver issue, it sounds like a signal issue. I would double check alignment and check the lines for a loose connection and/or corrosion.

keyword

This doesn't sound like a receiver issue, it sounds like a signal issue. I would double check alignment and check the lines for a loose connection and/or corrosion.

There is a keyword phrase in his statements that lead to the HDD starting to go bad. "Just to get to my recordings takes a long time" that is not a connection problem that is an access to HDD problem.

I haven't ruled out the receiver, but the description is accurate regarding low signal performance. Slow access to recorded material does not rule out signal issues.

Since the poster asked for anything else to try and has had the unit working well for a couple of years with no mention of heat problems, it would be wrong to rule out cabling, connections, and alignment.

recordings

I haven't ruled out the receiver, but the description is accurate regarding low signal performance. Slow access to recorded material does not rule out signal issues.

Since the poster asked for anything else to try and has had the unit working well for a couple of years with no mention of heat problems, it would be wrong to rule out cabling, connections, and alignment.

Slow access to the recording is pretty much a sure sign that the HDD is having trouble accessing info on the HDD. It' isn't low signal performance or he would be getting errors saying loss of signal or part of recording is lost due no signal. He said nothing about symptoms like that. He also stated can pause live TV that is a HDD buffer error. So there is little to indicate it is anything but the receiver is going bad. Jeff you are always to quick to jump on the not enough signal as the cause.

Hi to everyone. I am new to this site, started looking around after my 722 died yesterday. The problems with the receiver have been evident for about a month... intermittent control of playback; unable to find all recorded programs... too busy to figure out what was going on. Finally yesterday after power up the error message came on and I could not record or playback. Dish costumer service responded that the HDD is bad and a new receiver is being shipped. HDD temps are Hi-132; Low-100, Avg-113, so I am guessing a temp problem that I need to try and solve.

Fire hazard

Hi to everyone. I am new to this site, started looking around after my 722 died yesterday. The problems with the receiver have been evident for about a month... intermittent control of playback; unable to find all recorded programs... too busy to figure out what was going on. Finally yesterday after power up the error message came on and I could not record or playback. Dish costumer service responded that the HDD is bad and a new receiver is being shipped. HDD temps are Hi-132; Low-100, Avg-113, so I am guessing a temp problem that I need to try and solve.

Those kind of temps sound like a fire waiting to happen. Sorry it went bad next one you need to put it some place that it will run lower temp. Hope you had the ext HDD enabled so you didn't loose programs you wanted to keep. Welcome bailegb on board with the the 1st post. :welcome

Unfortunately I did not have an external drive connected, so I lost all of my recordings. Reading through the forum I see that an external USB drive is good insurance against future data loss. I definitely will try to solve the heat and backup problem before my new 722 arrives.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)