Questions about 722k

justinndover

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 28, 2006
I am looking for some answers because the installer that came to my house on Saturday was new, only first week by himself, and wasn't able to give me any answers.

1. I have the 722k and if nobody is watching TV from TV 1, but something is recording on TV 2, I can't watch TV from the TV 2 Television except for something already recorded? Shouldn't I be able to watch something from the TV 1 signal?

2. The Remote for the 722k has the buttons on them for a Blu Ray player, but my very popular Sony Blu Ray does not have codes and will not do a forced programming?

Any ideas about these problems would be great. Oh and I have only had Dish for 2 days but I am in love already. I hope someone can help me figure these to things out though. Thanks

I am looking for some answers because the installer that came to my house on Saturday was new, only first week by himself, and wasn't able to give me any answers.

1. I have the 722k and if nobody is watching TV from TV 1, but something is recording on TV 2, I can't watch TV from the TV 2 Television except for something already recorded? Shouldn't I be able to watch something from the TV 1 signal?

2. The Remote for the 722k has the buttons on them for a Blu Ray player, but my very popular Sony Blu Ray does not have codes and will not do a forced programming?

Any ideas about these problems would be great. Oh and I have only had Dish for 2 days but I am in love already. I hope someone can help me figure these to things out though. Thanks

The code for my Sony Bluray player is 111 . This is with a 21.0/TV2 remote (UHF), should work with your 20.0/TV1(IR) as well.

If you want to watch something on the 2nd TV and it's recording on the TV2 tuner just switch over to single mode.

Hope this helps!

Ed

Last edited:
The code for my Sony Bluray player is 111 . This is with a 21.0/TV2 remote (UHF), should work with your 20.0/TV1(IR) as well.

If you want to watch something on the 2nd TV and it's recording on the TV2 tuner just switch over to single mode.

Hope this helps!

Ed

The code worked for the Blu Ray thanks and I will have to check out the single mode option tonight, nothing was recording last night.

The code worked for the Blu Ray thanks and I will have to check out the single mode option tonight, nothing was recording last night.

Hey, glad it worked for you.:up:)

BTW, you do know that you can change the tuner that recording defaults to by enabling/changing your "RECORD PLUS" setting? MENU-8-5. However, if you're like me you probably prefer recording to take place on TV2. If so and you want to watch on the "2nd TV" while it's recording on TV2 just switch over to single mode by pushing the button at the receiver.

Merry CHRISTmas!

Ed

Changing modes while recording can cause odd problems.

In my case, most of the time, it causes the recording to stop where I changed modes. The recording will say it recorded the entire event, but will just skip to the end and say it's done when it hits that magical spot. Other times it has split the recording into two parts. That's not so bad, but you do miss a little of the program where it was split.

After saying that, one option is, while at TV1, change to single mode. Now swap the tuner so that you are watching the recording live on TV1. Now switch back to single mode and the TV2 tuner should now be free.

That's if you want to browse thru the channels on TV2. If you know what you want to watch, just start it recording from TV1 and then you can start it on TV2.

Hope that helps,
Rob