Status
Please reply by conversation.

ksmithtwn

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 8, 2006
Canada
Hello everyone, let me set up my situation

I just got up to my cottage, brought a 31" dish and picked up a 75CM dish earlier today.. Last night I was able to use the cable that I brought (100ft Coaxial) on the dish thats on the roof that came with the cottage on Nimiq 1 to watch Bell EVu on my subscribed box (I brought this box from home, yet the receiver that came with the Bell dish was a *C receiver :confused:

The cable, dish and receiver were working last night, got 87% sig strength. Today I went to go re align the dish on to Echostar 119 and got again around 87 - 90% sig strength. When I had my laptop down at the shore with the dish and recevier hooked up to my laptops TV tuner to fine tune the dish with my BEV box's tuner.. So once I got my signal down at the shore I locked the dish up and brought everything in.. I hooked the 100 ft cable up to the dish and to the same receiver inside the cottage, and got 0%.. I checked the cable, still 0%.. I changed the TP's still nothing.. but after changing the TP's a few times in the mid to low 10's the signal would just to 12% and then die once I finished typing in the number.. I tried all TP's and still nothing but 12% when I would change the TP's.. I tried other boxes, still nothing. So I am wondering, is this problaly a faulty cable? This is the only cable I brought but I guess I can get down to my satellite retailer and pick one up.. Anyones input is welcome!

Also, what can I get on 119? This is the first time I have a COMPLETE view of the Southern / Western Sky.. The cottage is up on a huge rock cut that overlooks a lake, not a tree for a few miles.. A whole month up here I plan on picking up a few dishes :)

Make sure the coax connectors are on tight... also try possibly tweaking the dish... may be off a fraction of an inch or something either on elevation or on east/west?... hard to say.... just fiddle and try something new. Doubt it's the cable, but if it's an old cable that's been there forever before you moved in, it may be possible?...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)