This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Problem with Diplexing

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kpartin

Original poster
Mar 29, 2005
Yet another diplexing question. I have searched intensively but can't find the answer to my specific question.

I want to distribute my DirecTV DVR output to all receivers in the house. I have a 3 LNB Oval Dish, Terk 5x8 Multiswitch, Samsung DVR, and three D10s. I am sending the signal out of the DVR on Channel 4, and that cable is attached to the OTA input on the multiswitch. At the D10 receiver, I have a diplexer to split the OTA signal out, which I run into the OTA input on the D10. Satellite still works great on the D10, but when I tune to channel 4 on the D10, I get "Channel not available". What am I missing?

I also tried this with two diplexers, bypassing the multiswitch, same results. I am using DC blockers on the OTA connections.

Any help appreciated.

Keith

D-10 Satellite receivers don't have an over the air tuner, you have to tune ch4 on your TV set. You also may have to add a signal amplifier on the output of the HDDVR you are splitting the signal at least 4 times so you are losing a minimum of 7dB without figuring any other signal loss. Shut off the D-10 receiver and turn your TV to CH4 and it should pass the HDDVR's signal to your TV.

Thanks. It works as you said. I did not realize there was no tuner in the D10.

I appreciate your help.

Keith

Status
Please reply by conversation.