Problem with Direct Tv

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kanyon

Original poster
Jan 18, 2005
I have 2 receivers and I am having a problem with one of them. Yesterday every couple of hours the signal would get messed up and then the box would turn off then come back on and reprogram its self. Now tonight its doing it every 5-10 minutes. Is there a problem with Direct TV or is it my box. The one thats working is a older model I have had for 4 years its the newer one thats doing this. Sorry it might be a dumb question but I don't know much about stuff like this.

kanyon said:
I have 2 receivers and I am having a problem with one of them. Yesterday every couple of hours the signal would get messed up and then the box would turn off then come back on and reprogram its self. Now tonight its doing it every 5-10 minutes. Is there a problem with Direct TV or is it my box. The one thats working is a older model I have had for 4 years its the newer one thats doing this. Sorry it might be a dumb question but I don't know much about stuff like this.
can you give us a model number of the box that is doing this, and just to let you know i Would say its the box, as Directv dosent make the signal get messed up, I would call directv let them know whast going on and hopefully you have insurance on your account and they are good about overnighting or second day air for a box to be sent out!

Its a Hughes model #GAEB0A. I think its looking for the program guide every 5-10 minutes.

Don't feel bad it's not just you . I have two of the same model and there doing the exact same thing your saying . GRRRRRRRRR

This is not happening to my TIVO model though just these ....

I somebody knows what's up please share .....

,,..................................NM2046

This is happening to everyone with a HNS GAEBOA. No ETA. Its trying to upgrade, over and over and over again.

Anyone try to call DTV today? Really high hold times. Because everyone in the country that has this receiver is calling us about it.

I've been replacing most of them.

THe problemwill be fixed, and the recievers should be fine. Its just some software bug and all Ive been told is we are aware of it, were working on it, and it should be fixed in the next 48 hours.

If you call (late at night will be best time to get thru) you can get some compensation for this issue.

After losing phone connection 3 times and waiting on the phone 45mn I FINALLY got threw . They know about the problem and say there working hard to fix it . In return for the "Severe(there quote,not mine) problems" . There sending me 2 new boxes(express) and credit me 1mnths service .
I'm happy with that ;)

FOR ALL who have these HNS GAEBOA boxes I suggest you call and get them replaced ASAP !!!!. They gave no deadline as to when the problem would stop :( or if it would stop for that matter ;)

,,.........................................NM2046

nuclearmeltdown2046 said:
After losing phone connection 3 times and waiting on the phone 45mn I FINALLY got threw . They know about the problem and say there working hard to fix it . In return for the "Severe(there quote,not mine) problems" . There sending me 2 new boxes(express) and credit me 1mnths service .
I'm happy with that ;)

FOR ALL who have these HNS GAEBOA boxes I suggest you call and get them replaced ASAP !!!!. They gave no deadline as to when the problem would stop :( or if it would stop for that matter ;)

,,.........................................NM2046

see this thread:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=43312

DTV refused to send me a new box...they say their engineers are working hard on the prob atm ://

chugzie ,

I'm sorry to hear that :( . R U still on a commitment contract ? If so they could be there way of saying "DEAL /W IT" just not so harshly .
My contract ran out a yr ago , maybe there just trying to hold on to me by giving me the upgrade ...... I really can't say .
I know I was VERY stern /w them and they came up /w this solution for me .
I would keep hounding them ...... Sooner or l8r there going to give you either credit or replace the bo:mad:es) or both as they did 4 me .
I wish you luck ;)

stuart628,,

Thanks for the thread link ;)

The problem should be fixed in the time it would take to send a new IRD to people.

chugzie said:
DTV refused to send me a new box...they say their engineers are working hard on the prob atm ://

its a software problem, I dont think they would send you a box as they just have to update the software on it-now getting a free month or so because you cant watch tv that is not out of the question!

Right. I have only been replacing the ones that are demanding it, since after the software is updated the receivers will be fine, and the only thing DTV is out is shipping costs, since we get the old ones back- and I think DTV makes enough in monthly service costs to cover those few shipping charges for customers who demand a new box. Most are happy with a "We're aware of the problem and it will be fixed soon", but some want a new box, and I'm happy to send them one.

Just so you know...

If you are having this issue, try the "soft boot"

Hold your down arrow (on the receiver) and press power, release both at same time. Receiver will reset, and 75% of the time works fine after this. Try it!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)