Problem with DirecTV Cinema. Download issues

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Pickle3808

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 8, 2008
Ok I'm not sure if this is an issue on my end or something on DirecTV's end. I have an HR22 receiver and have been trying to download an HD (not 1080p, just HD) movie from DirecTV Cinema for over two hours. It is only 22% done and still "red", indicating that I would almost definitely catch up to the download before it finishes. I have verizon fios and, according to an internet speed test (I ran several), I have a d/l and u/l speed of over 20Mbps. This should be MORE than enough bandwidth to d/l these movies with ease, I would think. I have the receiver directly connected to the router, so it's not a wireless issue.

I don't DL movies often using this service, but when I do it seems that sometimes it works ok, but sometimes it doesn't. I realize an HD movie takes longer than an SD movie but this is abnormally looooong. Is this a closed port issue on my router that I need to open??? Is there something else I could try. I already went into the network settings on the receiver and "restored default values" -- no luck there.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!!

two hours? sounds like your DVR lost internet connection a few times or all together. tell us about how it connected and how its setup in your network.

I have it connected directly to the router through an ethernet cable. My d/l speeds are plenty fast. I don't have "whole home DVR" or anything like that so that wouldn't interfere. No other devices on my network (computers/smartphones/etc) have a problem with network speed. I can't figure it out!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)