Problem with Dish Anywhere

david_jr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
May 7, 2007
Hancock, MA - The Berkshires
I am logged in and using Dish Anywhere and it says it is connected to my Family Room Hopper WS, but when I click on a program in the guide and then select watch it goes to a popup that tells me I could be watching this live on my computer if I had a sling adapter and gives me the coice to learn more or close. I have HWS what gives??? Trying to show off HWS to family on vacation, not working!!!!! Please help!

It is working through my Iphone 5, but can't get it on the laptop. I did reboot the reciever, but no joy. Could be the internet at this rental house it has some crazy security login where you have to agree to user terms every time you open a browser.

Yes phone working through the same wifi that laptop is connected to but for some reason laptop a no go. Not really working too hard at this as I'm trying to be on vacation just thought if there was an easy fix or suggestion I would try. Thanks for the help.

You didn't mention that you logged in to dishanywhere on your laptop.... There's a little glitch at the logon screen where even tho the ID & password fields were auto filled on my PC I still have to start typing over my ID name to get the red login button to turn red (enabled) so I could hit enter and actually login.

Cheers,
?Bob

You didn't mention that you logged in to dishanywhere on your laptop.... There's a little glitch at the logon screen where even tho the ID & password fields were auto filled on my PC I still have to start typing over my ID name to get the red login button to turn red (enabled) so I could hit enter and actually login.

Cheers,
?Bob

I get the same thing. I simply go to Password, delete the last character, retype the last character, and I get the red login button....

I have the same thing with the auto-filled fields.

OK I am going to have to say that it was the ridiculous security on the internet at the vacation rental house. On the trip home stayed in a hotel and just for fun tried Dish Anywhere and Voila it asked to download a plug in or some such and after the download I was in business connecting to either hopper. I suppose I should have tried this before I left home, but never had the need at home since I just got my HWS recently and haven't had a chance to use other than on my phone. Thanks to all who tried to help. BTW I also have trouble with the auto-filled fields on the log in page because Norton 360 tries to autofill automatically.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)