Problem with DVI connection....odd

cancunkev

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 25, 2003
Cancun, Mexico
When I connect my 811 to my LG RPLCD monitor via DVI, I only see 3/4s of the screen, and it is set to the left of the screen, the right side is simply black.

I have tried to adjust the TV settings, but nothing fixes this...any ideas?

Thanks

I don't use DVI, but you can adjust the position of the picture on the screen using the HD setup menu on the 811. Menu->6->1->9->adjust

The 811 is set to 16:9, and the component outs look great, and as I said the DVI out cuts off 1/4 of the picture. Adjusting the horizontal settings of the tv only move the image over at most a few inches...

I have no idea....

snathanb said:
I don't use DVI, but you can adjust the position of the picture on the screen using the HD setup menu on the 811. Menu->6->1->9->adjust

Too bad this doesn't work with the DVI input. I would try another device that uses DVI. At least then you could figure out whether it was a problem with your TV (which I think it could be) or with the 811 receiver.

cancunkev said:
When I connect my 811 to my LG RPLCD monitor via DVI, I only see 3/4s of the screen, and it is set to the left of the screen, the right side is simply black.

I have tried to adjust the TV settings, but nothing fixes this...any ideas?

Thanks

Mine did that too. It would not adjust from the menu at all, would give me a completly black screen if I tried. I finally had to do a reset to factory defaults to get the pic back. Might be another 811 bug.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)