Problem with DVI connection....odd

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cancunkev

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 25, 2003
Cancun, Mexico
When I connect my 811 to my LG RPLCD monitor via DVI, I only see 3/4s of the screen, and it is set to the left of the screen, the right side is simply black.

I have tried to adjust the TV settings, but nothing fixes this...any ideas?

Thanks

I don't use DVI, but you can adjust the position of the picture on the screen using the HD setup menu on the 811. Menu->6->1->9->adjust

The 811 is set to 16:9, and the component outs look great, and as I said the DVI out cuts off 1/4 of the picture. Adjusting the horizontal settings of the tv only move the image over at most a few inches...

I have no idea....

snathanb said:
I don't use DVI, but you can adjust the position of the picture on the screen using the HD setup menu on the 811. Menu->6->1->9->adjust

Too bad this doesn't work with the DVI input. I would try another device that uses DVI. At least then you could figure out whether it was a problem with your TV (which I think it could be) or with the 811 receiver.

cancunkev said:
When I connect my 811 to my LG RPLCD monitor via DVI, I only see 3/4s of the screen, and it is set to the left of the screen, the right side is simply black.

I have tried to adjust the TV settings, but nothing fixes this...any ideas?

Thanks

Mine did that too. It would not adjust from the menu at all, would give me a completly black screen if I tried. I finally had to do a reset to factory defaults to get the pic back. Might be another 811 bug.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)