Problem with Fortec Lifetime Ultra can't add "new Satellite"

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gleason1

Original poster
Oct 4, 2006
I just bought a Fortec Lifetime Ultra on ebay. I cannot add a new satellite to my receiver under the Edit TP/Satellite menu. I get a list of 62 satellites but no "NEW" sat at the bottom of the satellite list. Has the software been changed from the original? Do I need to download new software to this receiver. I did a factory reset but it did not fix this problem. I want to add SBS 6,AMC 9, AMC 2, IA 8,G 16 to my list these sats are not on the current list.
Thanks
Mike

My pansat has had that problem before. If you can get the bin in to the computer and edit it with channel master, and then reload it, that'd be the way to fix it. My problems with that sort of thing happening usually occur when there's tp overload. I think bin files are allowed to have something like 100 satellites and 13000 tps in all of those satellites.

gleason1 said:
I just bought a Fortec Lifetime Ultra on ebay. I cannot add a new satellite to my receiver under the Edit TP/Satellite menu. I get a list of 62 satellites but no "NEW" sat at the bottom of the satellite list. Has the software been changed from the original? Do I need to download new software to this receiver. I did a factory reset but it did not fix this problem. I want to add SBS 6,AMC 9, AMC 2, IA 8,G 16 to my list these sats are not on the current list.
Thanks
Mike

The search function is your friend :)

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=52569&highlight=add+satellite+fortec+ultra

or if you can rename a satellite that you can't see (like if you are KU Band only you can rename a C-band satellite)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Need Chords for Baghdad Iraq

I am hooked!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)