I am hooked!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

iafirebuff

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2006
Waterloo, Iowa
Well, been scanning IA6 all night. Been hooked on watching about the Amish school shootings. Sad. But, I am hooked on news feeds. Did not get much house work done tongiht because of it.

Wild Feeds - I am hooked!

Well, I am having second thoughts on this motor (joking), as I have been scanning all night, and been watching wild feeds (see WUT section), and I am not getting chores done! I am hooked! It is very interesting watching this. I am only scanning 1 satellite, but when I get the motor, I predict no work will get done. Can I sue somebody? hehe :)

Yeah, it's lots of fun... I got my start about a year ago after all the hurricanes seeing Shepard Smith and Greta Van Susteren on location every night. The stuff they do in the "downtime" can be hilarious.

I have noticed :) Was watching a nerdy male reporte in California tonight. Reminded me Ted Knight in Mary Tyler Moore :)

Well, been scanning IA6 all night. Been hooked on watching about the Amish school shootings. Sad. But, I am hooked on news feeds. Did not get much house work done tongiht because of it.

Yep i know what you mean been hooked on news feeds too, plus all the other Fta itc on c/ku band.:D

This is exactly why I am getting into this.

I have been reading quite a bit and not posting.

I have the mast (pole from a "Superdish") mounted securely (Had to reinforce the eve of the house) and plumbed. This is a lot different than an 18in setup :D .

Fortec 90cm dish, Sg2100 and an Invacom QPH-031 sitting in my den.

All I need not is some time.

This kind of post is exactly why am getting into this!!!

JJ

I spent another hour plus just watching :) Between wild feeds, my new HD channels, FTA, I can no longer work or do chores :)

How long have I been telling you to get that motor? ;) ;)

I love to hang out on the couch after a week of work and sit with the wireless keyboard and mouse, Fortec remote, and TV remote. Doing the PIP thing while I scan, browsing the net on the big screen, and hitting the 4:2:2 feeds. One day I'll get me one of those 622's!

Yep, it's lots of fun. Just be careful, once you get the motor, to keep your tp count down far enough that you don't hit the bin file's max... it takes LOTS AND LOTS of tps to do it, but I've done it twice in the last 6 months, so it's not impossible... actually, if you scan wild feeds all the time, and forget to erase tps later, and accidentally forget to kill off some scrambled channels after scanning a few echostars, it's pretty darn easy to do.

Last edited:
mastermesh said:
... keep your tp count down far enough that you don't hit the bin file's max... it takes LOTS AND LOTS of tps to do it, but I've done it twice in the last 6 months, so it's not impossible...

True. I usually just delete the echostar and directv satellites all together when I get the receiver out of the box.

jumpinjimmy said:
This is exactly why I am getting into this.

I have been reading quite a bit and not posting.

I have the mast (pole from a "Superdish") mounted securely (Had to reinforce the eve of the house) and plumbed. This is a lot different than an 18in setup :D .

Fortec 90cm dish, Sg2100 and an Invacom QPH-031 sitting in my den.

All I need not is some time.

This kind of post is exactly why am getting into this!!!

JJ

Welcome and best of luck with your setup! :wave

Now to manage all the channels I scanned in

I'm here to feeds anyway, so I usually don't manage channels. When I get tired of seeing all of them, I just delete all my channels and start again. I usually do this every couple of weeks. On my coolsat, I can scan for free channels only instead of free and encrypted, so that helps keep it down. NOW you know why we suggested a motor...

I usually scan for "ALL", since sometimes things show up as $ but are viewable. I guess for feeds, I hit "FTA" only, and I should find them.

nah. For feeds hit all too. Again for same reason as you listed

I pruned most of the channels on IA5 because
A. the picture looks like crap
B. The audio is really loud
C. I have no clue what they are saying :)

I have my 10' BUD layed over trying to free up feedhorns so Polorotor will work... I have the feedhorn from my original LNA BUD setup I sawed off to tape a Dbs too ... I took my Fta Lnb off the fortec and tried out the fit.... hmmmm ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts