rad

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Dripping Springs, TX
I use Vonage and have a HR10-250, SD-DVR40 and R15 that have no issues using Vonage to call home for Tivo updates or D* to dump the PPV info. However the H20 appears to not be able to complete a call and keeps trying to call 800-531-5602 and 866-709-2073. So far today it's tried to call out 8 times, yesterday 17 times. I know it's the H20 since if I pull the phone line out of it the calls stop. Called ID on the box works fine along with the system test, says the phone connection is OK. My take on it is the modem is too 'unforgiving' to work on Vonage. Has anyone else seeing this happening if you have an H20 and Vonage?

Have to tried adding *99 and/or pauses?

*99 is supposed to tell vonage it is a data call, and the commas are pauses.

Try setting(*) the number/prefix (with commans and all) to: *99,18005315602,,,,,

(*) Assuming you can change this.

Why do you need a phone with the H20 anyway? What benefits do ya get?

I assume from his post that he wants the Caller ID feature, so having the phone line connected would be essential. and the receiver is trying to "call home".

Caller ID is nice, that's one of the reasons I went with the H20 to replace the HR300 I had. While that's working fine it's the call out that's busted.

This isn't like the Tivo's where you can enter dialing prefixes and phone numbers, at least I've gone through all the settings in the menu and I don't see anyplace to modify the dial out sequence.

I don't suppose there is a way using the Vonage device settings to use a specified prefix/suffix for dialing a specific number?

i.e. if it sees you're dialing 18005315602 it will prefix 18005315602 with '*99,' and append ',,,,,', probably not, that'd be too easy.

rad said:
Caller ID is nice, that's one of the reasons I went with the H20 to replace the HR300 I had. While that's working fine it's the call out that's busted.

This isn't like the Tivo's where you can enter dialing prefixes and phone numbers, at least I've gone through all the settings in the menu and I don't see anyplace to modify the dial out sequence.
Ok, this leads to the key question....

Why does it need to dial out in the first place? What's the benefit of it dialing out?

aec4 said:
Ok, this leads to the key question....

Why does it need to dial out in the first place? What's the benefit of it dialing out?

I don't tell it to dial out, D* does when it queries the STB to call home and upload any PPV info for monthly billing.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts