Problem with locals

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jrcart

Original poster
Nov 22, 2008
I live in Jonesboro, AR 72401. Jonesboro used to only have an ABC local. We received CBS and FOX locals from other states. No problem with the reception. A little over a year ago someone started broadcasting a local CBS and FOX from Jonesboro. It is a low powered station and is transmitting both CBS and FOX. I believe it is 39.1 and 39.2 KJNB. On the guide CBS is 38 and FOX is 39. The problem everyone (especially everyone with Directv) is there is a problem with the uplink. The locals are saying when you can actually get a response says that the uplink is connected with Directv differently than with Dish or cable. We have been having problems getting a watchable signal on Directv from the beginning. Occasionally we will have a good signal without very much trouble. However now we can't watch anything very long without getting a the video and audio stuttering and the video blacking out every few seconds. I have sent emails to the local station, posted on their Facebook site (along with dozens of others) without any response from them. About a year ago we were really having a lot of problems and someone gave me a phone number to call someone from Directv. Well I tried this number yesterday and it has been disconnected. I called regular support and was promised that this would be looked into. Has anyone had a situation where Directv changed locals in an area because on the signal was unwatchable? Also does anyone have a number that I can call that will give me someone that might actually be able to take care of this? Thanks.

I live in Jonesboro, AR 72401. Jonesboro used to only have an ABC local. We received CBS and FOX locals from other states. No problem with the reception. A little over a year ago someone started broadcasting a local CBS and FOX from Jonesboro. It is a low powered station and is transmitting both CBS and FOX. I believe it is 39.1 and 39.2 KJNB. On the guide CBS is 38 and FOX is 39. The problem everyone (especially everyone with Directv) is there is a problem with the uplink. The locals are saying when you can actually get a response says that the uplink is connected with Directv differently than with Dish or cable. We have been having problems getting a watchable signal on Directv from the beginning. Occasionally we will have a good signal without very much trouble. However now we can't watch anything very long without getting a the video and audio stuttering and the video blacking out every few seconds. I have sent emails to the local station, posted on their Facebook site (along with dozens of others) without any response from them. About a year ago we were really having a lot of problems and someone gave me a phone number to call someone from Directv. Well I tried this number yesterday and it has been disconnected. I called regular support and was promised that this would be looked into. Has anyone had a situation where Directv changed locals in an area because on the signal was unwatchable? Also does anyone have a number that I can call that will give me someone that might actually be able to take care of this? Thanks.
First I would contact the Local stations and inquire about it ... don't let them blow you off with a answer to get rid of you, ask questions, get them involved.
There are multiple ways that the local can connect to D*.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts