goodmi

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 14, 2012
earth
last week we have some rain and thunder
then the next day no signal with a 8'ft solid dish
useing a C & Ku-Band Co Rotor II Plus Adjustable Feed
with a Servo Motor Norsat 3115 C-Band and a 1207ku lnb.
so i move my v-box and my pansat 9500 outside closer to dish i have one diseqc
switch for ku and c-band,i replace switch and still no singal
i am on the arc so i know that is not the problem,the next thing
i check is the v-box it smell like it was burn but is is still moving the dish,i am thinking about opening the v-box to see if the input or the output side were burnt i used my singal meter for a more accuracy.
my signal meter is locking to sat but no quality on tv,is there a way i can test my
servo motor to know if its working and i am getting the right voltage? i have unscrewed my lnb and check
but i do not smell or see any evidence there were blown, any input.

i am now thinking if its on the pansat9500dx side with current issue.

Check for around 18 volts on the coax at the LNB. If that is O.K....
You could try _ Moving dish to a sat with vbox. Disconnect vbox. Run a coax directly from an LNB to the Pansat. Check for channels of both H and V polarity.
Still nothing - Bad Pansat or LNB(s) or worst case all three fried by lightning. Polarotor is probably O.K. Even if it fried, I'd think it would be 'stuck' in either H or V position.

i am going to take the Co Rotor off and try in the house tomorrow,thanks

OK, today i connected stb and v box outside near dish and video came in boom.i cannot say what went wrong,i did change switch at dish for ku/c-band so don't know.went back inside and connect up again with no problem.anyway i am glad its working.

OK, today i connected stb and v box outside near dish and video came in boom.i cannot say what went wrong,i did change switch at dish for ku/c-band so don't know.went back inside and connect up again with no problem.anyway i am glad its working.

Watch out for Murphy's Law!
When a problem 'fixes' itself like that, the problem usually comes back again - like during the fourth quarter of the Super Bowl.

Reactions: T4Runner
Got hit by lightning a month ago,lots of things happened after that.One electronic phone was fried,blew out the hdmi port on my geo sat pro,but not the av port,fried my direct tv receiver.Some how the dish moved locations.At first though it cooked the lnbf,changed it out,moved the dish and it worked again,so don't know for sure if it fried the lnbf.On my other 10ft dish,it changed all my sat locations on my mover.?????Since then I've grounded all the coaxs,don't know if it will help,guess it couldn't hurt.If lightning heads my way now I unplug and disconnect the coaxs.Also gonna put everything on surge protecrors,figure it might help.It was a major pain in the arse.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts