Problem with (non-existant??) switch

TruckStuff

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 10, 2004
Dallas
I woke up this morning and found that I couldn't recieve any channels. The error on screen is:

A problem has been detected with your multi-dish switch.

When I run through the the help available, I eventually get to the switch check screen. It doesn't find any of the satellites and I get the following message:

You have an error with your multidish table. Please run a checkswitch.

The problem here is that I don't think I have a switch in my setup. I have a Dish Network DishPro 500 twin LNBF along with two DishPro 301 receivers. The only thing I can figure is that the the switch is part of the LNBF assembly?

Anyone have any advice on how to go about troubleshooting. I haven't called Dish Network yet, but the last time I had an issue with service, they wanted $200 to come out and redo the install.

TruckStuff said:
The problem here is that I don't think I have a switch in my setup. I have a Dish Network DishPro 500 twin LNBF along with two DishPro 301 receivers. The only thing I can figure is that the the switch is part of the LNBF assembly?

Anyone have any advice on how to go about troubleshooting. I haven't called Dish Network yet, but the last time I had an issue with service, they wanted $200 to come out and redo the install.
You're right, the switch on the Dish 500 is in the LNBF. I think when this happened to me quite a while ago, I had to call tech support, and they walked me through a procedure where I unplugged the receiver, disconnected the sat input, then powered up and ran a check switch without the sat cable.

Then they had me reconnect the cable and do it again to solve the problem. Your results may vary.

switch problems

TruckStuff said:
I woke up this morning and found that I couldn't recieve any channels. The error on screen is:

When I run through the the help available, I eventually get to the switch check screen. It doesn't find any of the satellites and I get the following message:

Read Simplesimons post #5 on the link below.
http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=35154&highlight=switch+matrix

VOOMER said:

For some reason, when I click on the link you included, it doesn't take me to a post that solves the "You have an error with your multiswitch table" error message. Did something get deleted from the link between the time you posted it and when I clicked on it today? I'm getting the same error message and am hoping I can avoid calling out a satellite technician. Thanks.

TruckStuff said:

Yes you do ..It's inside the LNB....
It is probably gone bad.....Before you go ahead and start calling people, a question for you..are BOTH receivers giving you the same message?....
If so, my best guess is the LNB is the culprit.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)