Problem With “Offers”?

SpencerCat

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Anyone else having this problem? Last week the “Offers” link on my account page presented me with an opportunity to get HBO and Starz for free for three months, so yesterday I decided to accept the offer. Unfortunately, now when I try to get the offer this is what happens:
  • I go to the Dish website and click on “Your exclusive offers”
  • I login to my account
  • I click the “Offers” link on the MY ACCOUNT page
  • I am presented with a new page which says “Sorry, this service is temporarily unavailable. We will restore this service as soon as possible.”
Yesterday I tried many times to get the offer, and today I have tried many times, to no avail. Is this truly a “temporarily unavailable” situation, or just another example of Dish’s industry-leading support? :rolleyes:

I’ve been a Dish customer for almost 10 years (4000, DishPlayer, 721, 622), but I don’t know how much longer I’m going to hang on. The Tucson DMA has 1.1 million people, and I’ve seen no mention of our getting HD locals from Dish any time soon (DirecTV has had Tucson HD locals for a year). Most people seem to think that the Dish HD DVR’s are superior to DirecTV’s, and I really like my 622, but I’m getting very close to deciding that I could live with a lesser DVR in exchange for better service and my locals in HD.

There seems to be a pall of negativism hanging over Dish, but I suppose I should read the DirecTV forums; I might discover that the same kind of attitude exists there, too.

Sorry for the long post, but I felt the need to express my frustrations with Dish.

Thanks,
Richard :(

Same problem with the "Offers" page. Dish is aware of the problem, but I think they have bigger headaches to worry about right now. You can do "live chat" and ask what offers are available.

All bold, you must be really be serious about switching.

but I suppose I should read the DirecTV forums; I might discover that the same kind of attitude exists there, too.

The grass is not always greener. Once you do some research and figure in the cost of switching it will no longer seem like such a great idea.

All bold, you must be really be serious about switching.

The grass is not always greener. Once you do some research and figure in the cost of switching it will no longer seem like such a great idea.

Sorry about the bold ... it was unintentional. I did a copy/paste from an MS Word document, and maybe that was when the bolding happened.

Regarding switching, I think that as a new DirecTV customer I would probably receive some good offers, but I will have to do some research regarding that. I'm not ready to leave Dish yet -- ten years is a long time to be with one company, and I kind of hate to say goodbye, in spite of all the rough times with the DishPlayer and the 721 -- but Dish is pi**ing me off more and more.

Richard

This evening I tried the online chat because I read somewhere around here that people have been successful at getting the HBO and Starz promotion, as well as the PlatinumHD promotion, easily via the chat.

No joy here. I got a clueless newbie CSR who (supposedly) researched the problem and kept telling me to go to some page that eventually popped up the DishBuilder application. In the end, he just told me to call their 800 number. What the??? These guys used to be better than phone support, not worse!

Existing DISH Network customers: requires qualifying programming package, including a minimum of Classic Bronze 100, TurboHD Bronze, DishLATINO Clásico or a select International programming package. You must either sign up for AutoPay with Paperless Billing or provide a valid email address. You will receive a credit for each of the first 3 months. After 3 months you must call to downgrade or then-current price will apply. Offer expires 7/31/09. Offer subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply

For the last 2-3 days, my offers page has thrown an error. Now it has reverted to it's previous state including only the standard 4: Broadband Internet, Dish'n It Up, Dish Mover, and Club Dish. I was hoping to enable PlatinumHD and/or HBO/Starz free for 3 months.

I used the "offers" web page last week to get the HBO/Starz free for 3 months deal ($20/mo), and when I checked yesterday it showed the Platinum HD free for 3 months also ($10/mo). :up Sometimes things just work for me in spite of myself!

BTW, I'm on AEP.

Brad

I know we all love the online thing, but sometimes a phone call works wonders and saves time.

Wait, you called DISH? And it saved you time?

Miraculous. I once knitted an entire sweater while waiting on the phone with DISH.

Seriously though, the online chat is pretty quick everytime I've used it.

I used chat, and got the 3-free months of HBO/Starz immediately. Since it seemed I had a CSR that had a clue, I asked him about upgrades for an existing customer. He said for a 24-month committment, I could get $10 credit for 12-months, and a 2nd 622/722 DVR to replace my current 522 for $25, and my bill would go up $2/month. He said I should ask about 3-free months of Platinum too..He said I would have to call in to get the upgrade, so I saved the chat session. Sure not as good of deals as a new customer, but I don't plan on switching from Dish, so it is money in my pocked and HD on a 2nd TV.

I just got myself 3 free months of HBO/Starz via online chat. The weird thing is, I got this promotion as a new customer, and have been paying for them since those three months ended. Apparently it is not an issue. I also went ahead and took the three free months of platinum hd.

And just for the heck of it, I asked about Turbo subs and the Fox News and Business hd channels:
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Is there anything else that I can assist you with?
Great. That is all I needed. Unless you know anything more about Turbo customers not getting Fox News or Fox Business HD?
We do not have any more information on that at this time.
When we decide to add the channels to those packages, we will inform that to our customers.
[/FONT]
Oh well. It was worth a shot.

I went with online chat to research max for a penny and the CSR offered my HBO-Starz for three months right off the bat. I caught the $10 off special from my account page and set up autopay to get max for a penny. Very easy. Just get me my Rochester, NY HD and I will be a dish sub for life.

Will Dish counter offer DirecTV? I was going to call DirecTV and sign up for their HD package with HD DVR for $49/mo for 12 months. It costs me $99 with Dish for the same thing. Plus no equipment or setup fees. Totally no money out of pocket. I would love for Dish to match the monthly & they wouldn't even have to buy me equipment either...!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)