Problem With Placement Of Front Center Speaker

The Harrington

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 3, 2006
NYC/Lehigh Valley, PA
Hoping one of you folks may offer me some sage advice.

Problem is this: Where do I put my front center speaker??

I have a 42" rear projection DLP HDTV that I have placed on a stand built for a 42" - 46" TV. I cannot place the speaker on top of the TV as it is too narrow. I'd rather avoid hanging it on the wall behind the TV as there is a gap of at least a foot and it would look ugly (the sound system I am buying is not one of those real sleek, pretty ones you see in fancy audio mags). Could I place it in front of the TV and angle it upwards slightly? Do I even need to angle it? Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

TH

It's this easy-the center channel is where you get most of your sound from what you are watching. So put it anywhere you can centered around the TV. You want that speaker to make it sound like the action on tv is coming from the tv. Angle it toward the listener. Hide it and point it. That is all that matters.

Tom

It's this easy-the center channel is where you get most of your sound from what you are watching....
It depends.
The center is in charge of the dialog - that's why it often has 4 drivers when the L/R have only 3.
How other sounds are mapped between L/C/R depends largerly on the mixing engineer decisions.

Diogen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)