Problem with Premium HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ndennis

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 10, 2010
Southern US
Premium HD with Firmware 0.9.5309

I'm using a 4DTV receiver to control a 10' satellite dish.

I did a Factory Reset and now I cannot get the receiver to scan just horizontal or vertical.

No matter what I set it does "Horizontal Locking" and "Vertical Locking" when scanning, resulting in all the channels being listed twice.

The LNB Power and Positioner Setup are OFF.

What am I forgetting to set? I had this figured out at one time.

Thanks,

Dennis

Ndennis,

Hmm, I am not sure. I don't recall a way to stop the AZBox from scanning for both polarities unless you use the TP SCAN and check off all the HOR TPs only or all the VER TPs only. This seems the best route.

The only other way is the SCAN ALL FREQUENCIES. This allows you to scan HOR, VER or ALL polarities. However, this scans for one symbol rate setting only. You can change the SR to be scanned, but I don't know how that truly functions. Does it scan just that one SR or anything equal to and below it?

RADAR

Thanks Radar, but I've tried Scan All Frequencies and other options. TP Scan would take a long time.

I think I have a hardware problem. I can no longer get YouTube to work correctly. I can see all the links to the videos but whenever I try and watch a video the AZBox freezes up after a few seconds. And now this.

I'm using the latest firmware.

Thanks Radar, but I've tried Scan All Frequencies and other options. TP Scan would take a long time.

I think I have a hardware problem. I can no longer get YouTube to work correctly. I can see all the links to the videos but whenever I try and watch a video the AZBox freezes up after a few seconds. And now this.

I'm using the latest firmware.

Ndennis,

Don't get perplexed with the functionality of YouTube with the actual basic satellite functions. These features are totally separate from eachother and the failure or successful operation of one feature is not related to the other. You Tube functionality has been an ongoing problem since nearly day one. That's not Opensat's (the AZBox's) defficiency, that is due to things that You Tube programmers are doing.

TP scan shouldn't take any longer overall than any other scan mode (not very measurable anyway).

If you think it isn't doing what you desire, back up to an older FW version (one that you had good luck with). There is not a whole lot of difference between FW 5020 through 5309.

Just remember, if you want to reinstall an older FW, you need to perform the DB reset and reformatting of the DOM (reformat the application area). If you don't do this, you may not truly get back to square one or a blank slate and start over.

RADAR

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)