Problem with PS3 video

jegambi

Original poster
Dec 18, 2007
PS3 works fine when playing any of the feature films on my bluray discs, but, for example, when I try to play the 2nd disc of "Hairspray," which has the bonus material, I hear the audio, but only see a blue screen (the menus are fine). I have my PS3 connected to my television with an HDMI cable (toshiba 65" 1080p DLP).

While this is not the end of the world, it's been annoying me that I can't figure out what the problem is... any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Johnnie

PS3 works fine when playing any of the feature films on my bluray discs, but, for example, when I try to play the 2nd disc of "Hairspray," which has the bonus material, I hear the audio, but only see a blue screen (the menus are fine). I have my PS3 connected to my television with an HDMI cable (toshiba 65" 1080p DLP).

While this is not the end of the world, it's been annoying me that I can't figure out what the problem is... any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Johnnie

Can you go through your menu settings for BD playback and post them? That might help diagnose the problem...

Here's the settings ...

Cinema Conversion - automatic
DVD Wide Display - Letterbox
DVD Upscaler - Normal
BD/DVD Video Output Format (HDMI) - automatic
BD 1080p 24 Hz Output - automatic
BD/DVD Dynamic Range Control - automatic
BD/DVD Audio Output Format (HDMI) - bitstream
BD Audio Output Format (Op Dg) - Bitstream

Here's the settings ...

Cinema Conversion - automatic
DVD Wide Display - Letterbox
DVD Upscaler - Normal
BD/DVD Video Output Format (HDMI) - automatic
BD 1080p 24 Hz Output - automatic
BD/DVD Dynamic Range Control - automatic
BD/DVD Audio Output Format (HDMI) - bitstream
BD Audio Output Format (Op Dg) - Bitstream

Well, here's my scientific answer: try playing around with the Video Output format and the 24 Hz output (set to off) and see if that makes a difference.... other than that, I'm not sure what to suggest.

Glad I could provide such wonderful assistance...

I don't 'think' it's trouble with the PS3 .... There are no NEW problems with the disc - it never played the video. Feature films, games have never given me any trouble.

Yes. Haven't others tried setting to 60Hz with some success, when they have had problems with certain TVs?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts