Problems Authenticating Fire Stick

dweber

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 29, 2005
Plain City, OH
I went to use my Firestick in the basement today. My Dish login had lapsed so it displayed the code and asked me to visit DishAnywhere.com/activate. In the past I could do this on my Iphone using safari. When I tried to login to DishAnywhere it brought up a new screen as if my password was wrong. I ended up having to go upstairs and use chrome on my laptop to successfully activate my downstairs Firestick. Microsoft Edge also had problems logging in. It appears that Dish Anywhere does not login correctly on Safari and Microsoft Edge. They are making it difficult to use Dish Anywhere. It used to be so simple.

This was what safari displayed

State information lost
Suggestions for resolving this problem:
Go back to the previous page and try again.
Close the web browser, and try again.
This error may be caused by:
Using the back and forward buttons in the web browser.
Opened the web browser with tabs saved from the previous session.
Cookies may be disabled in the web browser.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Reactions: charlesrshell
I figured out the problem using Safari to log into my.dish.com and DishAnywhere.com/activate. My security software had disabled cookies. So for those of you having problems logging in - Make sure that cookies is not disabled for the web browser you are using.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I think I had a similar problem a couple of weeks ago where it decided my password was old and needed to be updated. After unsuccessfully trying to update the password from my Samsung phone using Samsung internet I had to log in from my PC using Firefox. There I entered the same passcode again and all was good:)

Dish Anywhere is requiring way too many re-authentications right now. If I don't use it on one of my Firesticks for 3-4 days I'll need to authenticate before it will log in. It's gotten to be a royal PITA.

Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)