Problems conifguring sat

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

feyerman

Original poster
Aug 29, 2004
I have a channel master 1.2 system for internet use. I am in Afghanistan and i tried other means of tech support but i dont think they knew what they where doing. I can lock onto the satellite with out a proble, there are 3 i have to choose from. the W3 W1 and NSS6 for here. The problem comes when trying to lower the BER rate. I cannot get it lower than .001. the company needs atleast .0004 to be able to lock on me and activate my system. I have done everything I can think of. Polarization andle azmuth. I think there is some kind of problem with the equipment but the company refyses to agree with me on it. any help or fresh i deas would be appreciated.

If you've got the signal peaked as best as possible another thing that may help is adjusting the skew of the LNB. If the satellite is east of your location then try rotating the LNB slightly clockwise in the mount and see if that helps.

If these things don't work then you will need a better quality LNB that has a lower noise figure and/or a bigger dish. Invacom has some nice LNBs if you need one and the satellite uses linear polarization. They don't make one for circular polarization yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)