Problems getting HD

HansenFarm

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 30, 2007
Connecting ViP722 to 1000.2 dish, only receiver on this dish. Should TV1 and TV2 each be connected with with separate wires to LNB( left two outputs) or use one lead with splitter as instructions imply? Splitter decreases signal strength.
Have two leads to DP34 switch on Dish500 and it works great but no HD. Leaving that dish up for other receivers.

:welcome Hansenfarm.
A quick posting comment, suggest using a title that describes your question, like "722 not working" or "unable to get hd" or something.
If i understand this you have a 1000.2 dish for the 722 and a dish 500 for other receivers.
On the 500 you should be getting some HD as some HD channels are on 100/119, just not all of them. What package did you subscribe to ?
The tv1/tv2 is output from the 722, so they should not be connected to the LNB at all. You should have 1 cable and a seperator for the inputs from the 1000.2 lnb, to the 2 receivers (the 2 inputs) dont use a splitter use the seperator.
Not sure otherwise what your question is.

For levibluewa

Located west central Illinois.
Finally got DishNetwork to turn on HD functions(they didn't want to talk unless I had a 1000.2) and am doing very well with old SuperDish and two leads from sw34 plus off-air locals. Obviously don't get some HD channels but am working on hook up for 129 sat. Would like to find aiming table for Dish 300 to use for 129.

For gbjbany

Thanks for the suggestions
I was doing the correct things, just using the wrong terms.

Last edited:

DVR Fee

Losing some TP's on 61.5

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts