Problems in snowy weather?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

AC Lown

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 10, 2004
Today we've had the first bout of wintery weather since I've had DirecTV.. We got about 4 inches of that really heavy wet snow that weighs down the tree branches and sticks to everything. Unfortunately, I no longer have any signal coming from my dish, and it's in a difficult to reach spot so I can't reach it to brush the snow off or even see if it's covered. My question is: Is this typical? Can I look forward to losing programming every time it snows?

TIA

if you are in a cold/snow area it should have been recommended you upgrade to a hotspot dish or at least the attachable heat ellement. Look on skyvision.com

I have had to sweep my dish a couple of times over the years. I have heard great things about the vinyl covers from family in New Mexico. I was one of the lucky ones. My dish is mounted ground level, behind my fence, so it is very easy to reach.

rainx

have you tried rainx? works wonders on rain im sure it will work fine on snow.

if it's at all possible, you might consider putting a black plastic garbage bag over the dish and tying it down with a tie-wrap.
It doesn't look pretty, but it works.
Last night we got about 5 to 6 inches of wet snow that's sticking to everything.. With the wind that was blowing there is no snow at all on the dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts