problems, please help!

wylinn

Original poster
Aug 22, 2005
i posted here a while back about hooking up the extra reciever 301 reciever. with two dishes, international and the best 80 (+local) or soemthing.Well i ran it through a multiswitch and got 3 out of 4 international channels working, then about 50% of those top 80 package works on my 2nd reciever. My orignal still gets all the channels.

2 months later
Now all my local channels, dish 110, 119 don't work. Only one i can get working is comedy central? does this make sense. SOmeone please helppppp
I didn't go check my multiswitch yet cus its in the attic, but wanted to know if its a pysical problem or some software or something? The status of all dishes is good (green) . Switch test are all odd even odd even odd even
installed switch SW21 3-SAT

I don't understand. when under the point dish menu, i select the transponder which has the most signal but when tuning to the channel it doesn't pick from that transponder. am i doing something wrong?
I JUST WANT TO WATCH TV!!!!!

ADvaNCE THANKS TO ALL WHO REPLY WITH HELP

the way i hooked it up was> attachted file

Attachments

• dishes.JPG
    dishes.JPG
    18.1 KB · Views: 152
Try eliminating the multiswitch after the combiner to the second reciever. Then disconnect the satellite in line from the reciever, run a check switch. Then hook the satellite in line back to the reciever and run another check switch. I'm not too sure why you have a multiswitch after the combiner to the second reciever. I believe all you should have inline to both receivers is the 21switch as you appear to have it that way on the number 1 receiver. Hope that helps.

wylinn said:
i posted here a while back about hooking up the extra reciever 301 reciever. with two dishes, international and the best 80 (+local) or soemthing.Well i ran it through a multiswitch and got 3 out of 4 international channels working, then about 50% of those top 80 package works on my 2nd reciever. My orignal still gets all the channels.

2 months later
Now all my local channels, dish 110, 119 don't work. Only one i can get working is comedy central? does this make sense. SOmeone please helppppp
I didn't go check my multiswitch yet cus its in the attic, but wanted to know if its a pysical problem or some software or something? The status of all dishes is good (green) . Switch test are all odd even odd even odd even
installed switch SW21 3-SAT

I don't understand. when under the point dish menu, i select the transponder which has the most signal but when tuning to the channel it doesn't pick from that transponder. am i doing something wrong?
I JUST WANT TO WATCH TV!!!!!

ADvaNCE THANKS TO ALL WHO REPLY WITH HELP

the way i hooked it up was> attachted file

is it a standard 3x4 multi switch?..If so you can't use it....If you have two dual lnbs you must use a legacy 64 switch to accomodate the three receiver config..if you using a legacy twin, thta will only feed two receivers..you will need a legacy or (dp quad if all 3 recivers are 3 digit models)

Me thinks his "combiner" is an SW-21 - which is NOT repeat NOT a "combiner".

Dump that multi-switch - it's probably a standard 3x4 or some such, and will NOT repeat NOT work with your dish gear (SW-21s).

Finally, you've got the whole transponder thing backwards. A given channel is always on a specific satellite/transponder. The point dish screen on most receivers will start out showing the Sat/TP of the last channel viewed.

my orginal plan was to have 3 dishes thats why i had the multiswitch. Last time i checked i did have one dish pro dish outside. my roof is reall high so i had to get a telscope to look at it, lol. I will go outside again tommorrow and check. Just to confirm, the other dishes only support 2 receivers? i got this system installed about year and half ago professionally and he did two recievers. How much would it cost for a guy come out to do this for me. doesn't have to be Dishpro guy.

What are all three dish's going to receive? Are you looking to bring in programming from 3 seperate dishnetwork orbital slots or mixed services?

I think we really need to know EXACTLY what equipment the OP has.

To me, "Multiswitch" means a legacy-type or D* 3x4 or similar switch. These are NOT compatible with Dish multi-satellite (even just two) installations.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)