Problems receiving HD on 110

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

N6BY

Geek
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 1, 2006
Roseville, CA 121W
Hi,

I have a VIP722 with a Dish 500 for 110/119 and a wing dish for 129. It has worked fine for years.

Lately I've been seeing very bad pixelation/picture breakup and loss of audio on HD channels from satellite 110.

Some of my favorite channels, like HD Theater, are not watchable.

I went up on the roof tonight and tweaked the aim of my Dish 500 as best I could.

For transponder 13 on 110, the best signal strength I can get is 65. Both tuners are the same. Most of the transponders show a signal strength of 60 to 70.

Is anyone else seeing having this issue? If it matters, I'm on the west coast (California). Any ideas?

Thanks,
Brett

On the revised signal meter your signal isn't bad. You may have a tuner failing in the receiver.

Agreed. Next time it does it, use PIP to put both tuners on the same channel and see if they both show the problem. If both pixelate, it could be the LNB or separator (if you are using one) and you are just having intermittent problems.

I have had two separators fail, but they both made me lose an entire tuner.

On the revised signal meter your signal isn't bad. You may have a tuner failing in the receiver.
Both tuners are the same -- severe pixelation/breakup.

Agreed. Next time it does it, use PIP to put both tuners on the same channel and see if they both show the problem. If both pixelate, it could be the LNB or separator (if you are using one) and you are just having intermittent problems.

I have had two separators fail, but they both made me lose an entire tuner.
Last night I took the separator out and connected directly to tuner 1 -- still the same.

My parents live nearby and they are not having this issue.

Also, I know its not a line of sight issue because the dish is high on the roof and no trees are even close.

So, do you think both tuners have gone bad or should I replace the DPP LNB?

(BTW: cditty, thanks for your signature about loose vs. lose. I've seen the wrong spelling used for so long, I'm starting to lose track of which spelling is correct!).

Bad LNB

I swapped the Dish Pro Plus LNB with an older Dish Pro (not Plus), and now 110 comes in fine.

So its not the tuners. Need a new LNB.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts