Problems Recording 8300HD DVR

wawaj

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 8, 2006
Let me start by saying I've had the box for at least 6 months without any problems

I also usually tivo a show I want to watch and about 15 minutes in watch it off of tivo fast forwarding past commercials

Last night i was tivo ing House and when I went to watch it recording bar on bottom had red in it for a liitle bit at beginning of recording bar and then green---I started watching and after about 30 minutes it got stuck and would'nt go any futher---had to switch to live tv which made me miss some of show

I tivo'd the next show that was on Standoff and did the same thing--started watching 15 minutes into program and everything was OK---green recording bar was green all the way through

Any ideas as why this would have happened---I'm thinking there was a problem with yhe hard drive in that particulair area

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated

Thankyou very much

PS---When i had Direct TV with tivo there tivo blows CV 's tivo away--Direct TV tivo much more superior

Once again thank you very much

Did it only happen once or is it a continuous problem? I have my box and have seen a similar behavior but it either goes away by itself or after a reboot. One suggestion don't use the Tivo terminalogy to represent the 83000HD DVR function; it gets a little confusing. You may find out that the 8300HD DVR is not a Tivo but it is not a bad recording box either. Tivo has its own problem. Especially with that slow PG. But then again we are not here to talk about the Tivo DVR box.

Thanks for getting back to me Sean

It only happened one time---it's been ok since then

once again thank you

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)