Problems with 129?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
the backup plan for 129 is to put echostar 6 in its spot. I guess since 129 is having to fire its thrusters every half hour. its only gonna last another 2 years due to the fuel situation. Thats the latest from Engelwood.

jonnyboy, what's your source? This is very important information given the problems with 129 that a lot of customers are having.

Dish has put it out in their quarterly reports and annual reports for quite some time. The momentum wheels in E5 have failed, so they use thrusters to keep it on target, reducing the life of the satellite. It should just barely last long enough for the new Ciel satellite to get up there and replace it.

EchoStar V. EchoStar V was launched during September 1999 and currently operates at the 129 degree orbital location. The satellite was originally designed with a minimum 12-year design life. As previously disclosed, momentum wheel failures in prior years, together with relocation of the satellite between orbital locations, resulted in increased fuel consumption. These issues have not impacted commercial operation of the satellite, but have reduced the remaining spacecraft life to less than two years as of December 31, 2006. Prior to 2006, EchoStar V also experienced anomalies resulting in the loss of six solar array strings. During July 2006, the satellite lost an additional solar array string. The solar array anomalies have not impacted commercial operation of the satellite to date. Since the satellite only has a remaining life of approximately two years, the solar array failures (which would normally have resulted in a reduction in the number of transponders to which power can be provided in later years), are not expected to reduce the current remaining life of the satellite. However, there can be no assurance that future anomalies will not cause further losses which could impact commercial operation, or the remaining life, of the satellite. See discussion of evaluation of impairment in “Long-Lived Satellite Assets” in Note 4 in the Notes to the Consolidated Financial Statements in Item 15 of this Annual Report on Form 10-K.

No, I mean this:
"the backup plan for 129 is to put echostar 6 in its spot"

We've been discussing about it here but there hasn't been any confirmation that that is the plan.

I agree, better get going with this plan because the POS at 129 is about to fall off the sky.:mad:
Actually it is not about fall off the orbit, but rather it close to begin uncontrolled rotation while stay at orbit for few more years. They can't drain all fuel for orientation purpose, because by safety regulation they must have it enough for last burn and avoid dangerous fall off to populated area.

Upgrade - Downgrade - Upgrade

Software Ver. L346 RAGD-N ... has now been de-upgraded back to L345 ...

any idea what's up with that? The L346 only appeared on 1 of 2 211 receivers and I noticed yesterday that the software is back to the old version.

With all the rain we've had here in North Texas loss of signal is to be expected. However, yesterday afternoon (don't remember what time) I lost signal on 129 for 2 to 3 minutes. Blue skies and no trees or bushes in the way of my Dish 1000. Looks like 129 is not a healthy bird.

I see in my skimming of the thread I missed important information about 129's health. Sorry about that!

Last edited:
With all the rain we've had here in North Texas loss of signal is to be expected. However, yesterday afternoon (don't remember what time) I lost signal on 129 for 2 to 3 minutes. Blue skies and no trees or bushes in the way of my Dish 1000. Looks like 129 is not a healthy bird.

Good conclusion. Probably you did read the whole thread before that. ;)

I am curious, is this 'Kansas City - FOX bleeding' still an ongoing issue for most, or does it seem that this was an isolated incident that happened over the course of a week or weekend?

Can anyone confirm that they are still experiencing the bleed-through issue on Cinemax HD or Universal HD?

Yes, I saw KCTV bleed through quite clearly during a portion of Stargate Atlantis last Thursday. It came through so clearly that it was as if I'd actually tuned to the channel... Thankfully, it happened during a commercial break, so I didn't miss any of SGA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)