Problems with 72.7 port.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

OneSatNight

Original poster
Oct 27, 2009
PA
New to Dish TV. Have two receivers, a VIP-222 hooked to port 1 (77) which works fine. The other receiver, a VIP-211k is hooked to port 2 (72.7). If I let the receivers off all day and start the 211k in the evening all channels associated to sat 72.7 will get a 004 error but other channels will be fine, but the 222 hooked to the 77 port will have no problems at all. The signal strength when I go to point dish looks good. Checked and re-terminated cabling and it worked for about 2 weeks. I just changed the LNB set up to port 1 and 3 to see if this helps. Any ideas?

Bizarre. This should not be happening and I think there is a problem with the integrated LNB/switch in your 1000.4. Note that there is no "off" on those receivers; only standby. Are you unplugging one or both?

on the integrated lnb. port 1 2 and 3 are the same. they combine sats, and only function as specific sat ports if you are running through a switch.
the problem you seem to have sounds like you are running the feed through a splitter. if this is the case unplugging one will allow the channels to come in on the other. i would check for a splitter in-line. also, make sure dont have anything pluggined into port 4 of the lnb, unless of course it is another sat dish. running out of port 4 to a receiver can cause problems like you describe as well.

Both receivers are on standby and this happens randomly. No splitters. If i run test switch no errors. I do a quick power reset and everything is ok. The 211k was hooked to the middle port (72.7) gets the 004 error and no 72.7 channels but other sat channels are OK. The 222 works great. I did switch coax before ground block and the 222 got a aquiring sat. error when I switched and the 211k was good, that was why I re-terminated the connectors. I switched them back and ported to 1 and 3, sat in (4) is blank. Two days and working.

switch them back again. see what happens. could be a bad cable.
i assume your 211 has current software?

edit: oh sorry, i just noticed your post that it is working now.