problems with 722

dishcomm

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Nov 29, 2005
suburbia
Anyone out there installing 722's?..I had an install on Sat 8/25..oth 722's had issues. One had no audio..Tried it using composite audio. The connected the supplied hdmi to DVI cable..Note, the Plasma Tv looked like an older Hitachi, did not have an HDMI input. DVI only..I figured it was a software issue so I downloaded and activated...Still no audio..Swapped the HDMI/DVI cable. No go..Shortly after activation, the video failed...Swapped receivers...Second 722 no audio...Anyone experiencing these or any other issues?

Were you sucesssful with the composite audio (and I assume video) connection?
If so, you may need audio cables for the HDMI->DVI connection as many sets' DVI connectors do not pass the audio. Someone here said some do.
To have simultaneous composite and component/HDMI-DVI you may need Y's in L and R cables.
-Ken

Were you sucesssful with the composite audio (and I assume video) connection?
If so, you may need audio cables for the HDMI->DVI connection as many sets' DVI connectors do not pass the audio. Someone here said some do.
To have simultaneous composite and component/HDMI-DVI you may need Y's in L and R cables.
-Ken
yeah..I had the composite audo connected with the DVI connection...Still no luck..Then tried componenet vid with the appropriate audio ports..No luck there either...Another tech went out today and connected another 722..After 5 hrs he finally got the thing working...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)