Weather Channel HD possible Clue?

Max Wright

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 10, 2006
Missouri
Last night on ESPNHD I saw a commercial for a new show by the Weather Channel that was debuting in September (or the fall). This commercial was HD. ESPN is pretty good at presenting commercials that are supposed to be SD in SD and those that are supposed to be in HD in HD. The commercial overall seemed to be about climate change. It featured people skiing and snowboarding

The kicker for all this? The show is sponsored by DISH network. At the end of the commercial it brought forth the DISH network logo and featured it for a good 5 seconds.

Did anyone else catch this? It is nice to see DISH and Weather Channel teaming up on shows like this. The fact that it was in HD and would be airing in the fall makes me wonder what else DISH is up to with the Weather Channel.

Last night on ESPNHD I saw a commercial for a new show by the Weather Channel that was debuting in September (or the fall). This commercial was HD. ESPN is pretty good at presenting commercials that are supposed to be SD in SD and those that are supposed to be in HD in HD. The commercial overall seemed to be about climate change. It featured people skiing and snowboarding

The kicker for all this? The show is sponsored by DISH network. At the end of the commercial it brought forth the DISH network logo and featured it for a good 5 seconds.

Did anyone else catch this? It is nice to see DISH and Weather Channel teaming up on shows like this. The fact that it was in HD and would be airing in the fall makes me wonder what else DISH is up to with the Weather Channel.

We already have heard Dish is planning more HD in September beyond what has already been announced. TBS-HD must be one due to the baseball playoffs. Max must be right on this TWC-HD news.

It would be super if we get an interactive HD Weather Channel. HD Local Radar included.

EAS-HD Interactive is another feature that should be created. If the world is going to go to pieces, I gotta see it in HD. As long as the TV holds together.

:D

Talk about a waste on bandwith . TWC in HD . Come on guys..
I dont need it in HD to make me sleep. WOW

Not trying to make anyone mad it just cracks me up. Now I love HD as much as the next guy. But WEATHER... LMAO

With the weather radar zoomed in on your neighborhood, you need to be able to see exactly where that hook echo is.

Talk about a waste on bandwith . TWC in HD . Come on guys..
I dont need it in HD to make me sleep. WOW

Not trying to make anyone mad it just cracks me up. Now I love HD as much as the next guy. But WEATHER... LMAO

I'm not mad.... but you're 100% wrong !

I can't imagine more entertaining programming than seeing one of The Weather Channel's reporters being blown away by a hurricane.... in HD ! :hungry:

PS There was an awesome show recently on National Geographic HD about Tornado Chasers in HD...

PPS I have recently read that The Weather Channel HD will be launched with upconverted-SD programming, because they won't have their live operation switched to HD until 2008...

There are lots of clues...

Havent you noticed that the new Channel 101 is brought to you by The Weather Channel? :)

We will see TWC HD on Dish Network.

With the weather radar zoomed in on your neighborhood, you need to be able to see exactly where that hook echo is.

LOL!! Only someone who lives in Tornado Alley like myself would say something like that. :)

All or nearly all channels will eventually migrated to HD and that is a good thing.

But to my perspective, having the TWC in HD is like 99th on my top 100 list. I have no problem getting my weather forecast in SD.

The SD Weather Channel is garbage in my opinion, and launching a HD channel without HD is nutty.

I have two local HD stations that offer HD weather graphics, its seems strange to me a national channel can't launch in HD.

TWC SD looks like crap on both my 40" LCD and 46" DLP. I am def looking forward to seeing this channel in HD to be able to see more details in the radar graphics.

There are lots of clues...

Havent you noticed that the new Channel 101 is brought to you by The Weather Channel? :)

We will see TWC HD on Dish Network.

I was in a hotel, that had hd 37" tv's

They had a 7 minute video that played over and over, and one 45 second segment was Weather Channel HD, complete with a logo for it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts