HELP!!!!! For the life of me I can't find satellite 110

STEELERSRULE

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 19, 2007
NW Pennsylvania
I am pulling my hair out trying to find it.

First my setup.

Real simple:

I have a DISHNOW setup.

I am using a single 301DP unit.

It is connected to a Dish 500 satellite dish via RG6(rated at 2.5GHz and 3Ghz respectively) cable from the 119W connection on a LEGACY TWIN LNB.

I can get satellite 119W just fine. Even though there are dark/menacing clouds on the way here, my level on TRANSPONDER 11 for satellite 119W is around 95-105. Excellent signal all around for what I can tell.

ODD and EVEN on 119 show up on the check switch, but 110 does not show up at all. I just constantly get X's for that

My zip code is 16143, and according to Dish my PEAK positions SHOULD be:

Elevation: 31 degrees(set at that)
Position/Azimuth: 234 degrees(set at that within a degree or two)
Skew: 122 degrees(NOW IT SHOULD BE THIS. BUT I HAVE IT SET AT 90 DEGREES)

IF I turn the SKEW to where E* recommends it should be, I lose EVERYTHING. No 119, nothing.

I know my mast is LEVEL/PLUMB. I checked it with a leveler. It is also on a wooden deck. Flat. No slopes or anything to deal with.

Why can't I find it?

I am spinning my wheels here trying to find it. But to no avail.

Is my Legacy LNB BAD on the 110 side? Should I go get a new one?

I know with these DISHNOW setup's, they are reused/refurbished equipment.

Also, while looking at the southern sky would 110 be towards my left or right?

Would 110West be left or right of 119West? I am looking at it from NW Pennsylvania by the way.

Please I need help.

The first step is setting the skew for your location.

If you leave this step out on a 2 lnb dish you will never get it right because as you rotate the dish to set skew the look of one lnb rises and the other falls, there is no center lnb to zero in on.

After setting the skew, then find 119 and 110 should be very close.

Be sure 119 is in the left lnb when looking from behind the dish.

I will try what has been recommended.

But just for arguments sake, i awant to see if the LNB is actually working.

I know when looking for 119, that it should be set at:

Satellite: 119 Transponder: 11

If I just wanted to find 110, what do I set it at(satellite and transponder in Menu to find a signal)?

Is this possible while just keeping the RG6 cable connected to the 119West side of the Legacy Twin LNB?

I hate to have to change it if it is not necessary, which I don't think it is.

Thanx Dgenx311.

I went outside at set it to 32 degrees eleveation for the hell of it.

And I set the skew to 122.

I tried finding 110 using transponder 21(as told over the phone by a tech), but to no avail.

I then went back to 119/transponder 119.

I got a signal of 70-72(not nearly as good as my 95-105 when set at 90 degrees).

Anyways I ran a check switch, and lo and behold satellites 119 and 110 showed both odd/even transponders.

It is kinda overcast/dark/menacing out here now, so maybe the signal will improve tomorrow.

I will try to tweak it a little more tommorow.

Thanx again to everyone.

Been a big help.

How did it work out?

Just fine, thanx to your kind help.

I "tweaked the dish" a little bit, but not much.

I have it elevated closer to 33 degrees then 32, but that is about the only difference.

I was able to get a signal of 89-92 on satellite 119/transponder 11, which is not great on a clear day. The other transponders on satellites 119 and 110 "varied" in strength. Some registered in the 60/70's(spotbeams were in the 40's, but I can't get locals with DishNOW anyway. At least for now.) while others registered in the high 90's to low 100's.

Maybe come fall the entire signal will improve more.

Or with more tweaking on my part.

But, I have been more than pleased with the DishNOW service since the main channels I want are on 110 and 119.

All the HD I want, or need I get OTA from an antenna.

More than happy.

Weather Channel HD possible Clue?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts