Problems with 942 and OTA after recent software upgrade?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

scott78945

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 18, 2005
It seems that since they did the last software upgrade my 942 won't hold the signal at a constant rate. It seems to fluctuate quite a bit and this never happened prior to the upgrade. I also have noticed that the sound on my OTA's is much lower than on my satellie channels. Anyone else experiencing this?

The sound issue has been discussed. There is a big difference between the DD channels and the regular channels. Hopefully this will be fixed in the next download. As far as the signal, which signal are you talking about? Your OTA reception or your satellite reception. Both of mine jump around a decent amount. Are you actully losing signal or are the numbers just changing?

My OTA signal. I don't know how to even look at my SD signal. My Fox used to be at a constant 90ish strength. Now it goes from 60 to 82 then back to 90, then I lose the signal and then up to 83 again. Its just all over the place. It never did this prior to the upgrade.

Have you recently had any trees fill in (leaves). I have noticed that when it is windy my signal fluctuates more now that all the trees around the house have gotten their Summer leaves.

With the signal going up and down it sounds like a multipath problem. 942's don't handle multipath well at all.

Is your antenna directional enought to block out signals from the side?

My ATSC reception has been solid, knock on wood. However, since one of the last upgrades, all of my manual OTA timers show up as 1h00m "Recovered" recordings. When you select them, they play, and any FF or Rew activity will show the actual program length, but in the DVR menu they look like the hard drive is dying a slow death of corruption. I haven't seen any ill effects on recordings from the DBS side of things.

No signal problems here either. But I have noticed that since one of the latest updates that one of the previous fixes is broken again - after an update some months ago, anytime I started playing back a recording after a pause, the program would skip back a second or two and the audio would be right on (this was great!!). Now, it just starts where from where it was stopped and the audio takes a few seconds to come back on (sync is fine, but I have to backup to catch the missing audio). Two steps forward, one step back - or is that two steps back, one step sideways...

Yeah Pacman, I got that too. ALso at times when I try to rewind it just sits there any it doesn't rewind at all. I have to play it again and then rewind it a second time then it will go backwards. Ho hum...