Problems with Amc21 signal

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gulliksen

Original poster
May 25, 2006
Hello-
I am having problems receiving PBS channels on AMC21.
My reception of Montana, PBS east and west, and the others is fine. However, I continue to have problems with the Oklahoma stations, which seem to share a transponder. Several posts here talked about similar problems, and solving them with the Titanium pol-1ks lbnf.
I bought one.
It worked. My pixelated reception went away. Completely. With the new lnbf, I get a very good picture, or absolutely nothing.

My location is sw Arizona(Yuma)

System:
Sadoun 80t 32x30 dish (mast mounted Fixed)
Geosatpro microhd receiver
Lnbf -
orbital tracker universal otl u01 (pixilation of Okla channels)
Titanium pll-1ks (beautiful reception,exept no Okla channels)

I have the expectation I need a larger dish (1.2m?)

Thanks in advance

I think they've done something to their signal. I have an 84e fixed on that sat, for 4+ years, and quite recently OETA has turned into a 'no go' where before it was 'rock sokid'. Will probably put a 1.0m or 1.2m on it in the near future (hopefully before the white stuff appears) [SNOW is four letter word]

Yep I had to go to a 1.2 for that satellite, and there are even days that OETA pixelate with the 1.2 but for the most part it works fine. I still have a 90cm on it too, I went to it the other day with all the talk and the Q. was barely breaking the threshold.

Hello- I am having problems receiving PBS channels on AMC21.
My reception of Montana, PBS east and west, and the others is fine. However, I continue to have problems with the Oklahoma stations, which seem to share a transponder. I have the expectation I need a larger dish (1.2m?)

Like KE4EST (and others), I also have a 1.2m dish on AMC-21. With the recent posts about OETA, I've been watching my Q readings and it seems that they've dropped in the past few days. They'd normally sit around 70, but yesterday and this morning I observed Q to be in the 50's...

Yep I had to go to a 1.2 for that satellite, and there are even days that OETA pixelate with the 1.2 but for the most part it works fine. I still have a 90cm on it too, I went to it the other day with all the talk and the Q. was barely breaking the threshold.
Well that settles that. A 1.2 it will be.

Reactions: KE4EST
Status
Please reply by conversation.

cell tower interference with satellite?

Recalculate Auto Diseqc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)