Problems with cheap meter and Dish hopper

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

chapin4life

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 9, 2006
Hi guys I just moved places, I own my hopper and dish I'm trying to align my 1000.2 dish with a cheap $15 meter
cheap sat met.jpg
the problem I'm facing is when I connect the meter to the hopper the needle goes up and down by itself without moving the dish or meter knob, do I need a meter that has 22KHz?
22KHz.JPG

Last edited:
I tried a new set of rg6 cables and also a buddy borrowed a another cheap meter, same thing happens once you connect the meter to the hopper (REC) the needle moves up and down by itself every 10 seconds without moving the dish.

I am not an expert, but I think you can connect the meter to the dish 119 LNB port and am it hopefully at the 119 sat. The you may need to fine tune the scew to bring in 110 and 129, after removing the meter and connecting the Hopper.

I have a Hopper in my RV and whenever I use my portable 1000.4 dish -- which is frequently -- I use an Acutrac III+ signal strength meter:
accutraciiiplus_meter.jpg
The meter costs over $200, but makes it a breeze to acquire sats because it shows the signal strength of 3 sats in real time.

However, in your case, unless you're constantly on the move, why don't you just have a DISH installer do it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)