Problems with DVI output

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Eric Giles

Original poster
Dec 9, 2004
Just got Voom installed last week and it has been working with no problems. However, I am having a problem with the DVI output on the Motorola receiver. I have a Sony 34XS955 TV with HDMI input, so I purchased a DVI-HDMI cable. However, when I do this I get an error on the screen that is being generated from the Voom receiver. It mentions there is a DVI conflict, and mentions not being able to communicate the digital content information (I have reciting this from memory, so excuse me if those are not the correct words).

I know the HDMI port on the Sony works as I have a Samsung HD841 DVD player with DVI hooked directly to it using the same cable and I have no issues.

Does this sound like a problem with the Voom receiver, or is there is known incompatability issue with this Sony TV?

I recently went from component to DVI with a DVI/HDMI adapter because my Pioneer only has the HDMI input. I did not receive any error on the Motorola box, but I had no picture till I enabled the HDMI port on the Pioneer, but that was all. I used a Monster DVI/HDMI adapter and the supplied DVI cable that came with the receiver.

Eric
Here's a couple of things to try.
Unplug the power from the receiver, wait 30 seconds and reconnect. Leave it alone for about 20 minutes. Not just to repopulate the program guide, but changing channels too soon seems to corrupt the reload of other software.

Also try having the TV power on first than the stb. I notice sometimes its the sequence of how your equipment is being turned on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)