Problems with latest 811 download? (P280)

GaryPen

Rich or poor, it's good to have money.
Original poster
Supporting Founder
I'm SOL on this latest SW update. It gets to 3 bars on the progress meter, and stays there. I've power cycled with the remote, 10-second front panel button, and unplugged the POS. Still no luck. Another member has posted a similar experience.

So, I was wondering how many folks took the download without a hitch, had some problems, but were able to eventually download it, or, like me, canot seem to download at all.

If you had issues, but were eventually successful, please post details that might help the poor shnooks like me.

(I posted the same poll on another dbs board. So, for those that frequent both boards, it's deja vu all over again.)

Well, I got mine with no problem. Been outside much of the day and came back in and fired it up. P280 was there. No real noticeable differences at this point. Still no olympic showcase. Bummer.

Mark

I wonder if those who chose "What Download?" Are actually experiencing a similar issue to those with a failed or frozen download. During one instance, my 811 seemed to give up, and go back to regular programming.

GaryPen said:
I wonder if those who chose "What Download?" Are actually experiencing a similar issue to those with a failed or frozen download. During one instance, my 811 seemed to give up, and go back to regular programming.

Not me. If past history is any indication, I won't get the upgrade until it goes "wide".

NightRyder

Wdam33 said:
Well, I got mine with no problem. Been outside much of the day and came back in and fired it up. P280 was there. No real noticeable differences at this point. Still no olympic showcase. Bummer.

Mark

Same here...had mine when I got home yesterday. No apparent problems downloading.

I've been leaving my receiver off everyday while at work and have been checking for the new update when I get home everyday. Still running 2.69 sw verison. Maybe it will come soon. But has anyone officially found out all of the "fixes" and "changes" that are included in the 2.80??

Dear Sir:
Thank you for your email correspondence. The software to allow the 811 to access the DISH Home feature is tentatively scheduled to be released in September. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you.

Sincerely,

Tom H.

Technical Support

Dish Network

Email received from tech support after receiving 280 and still no interactive support.
Found no fixes for our major problems concerning OTA, etc.

Answered the poll yesterday, responding to the question today. I've always had good luck upgrading software with my 811. Of course now that I've typed this, I'll probably struggle with the next upgrade released.

Cheers,

Well I can no vote.. Guess what. I did not give my 811 the proper love it needs. I am seeing the same thing Gary sees.

Strange thing was that it first started off going about 8 or so bars. Restarted and then stopped at three for a long time. Progressed to 8 bars again and then stopped at 3 again.

Based on some reports maybe this is a silver line thing and I should let it stay stuck!! ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)