Problems with locals in Detroit

CK SatGuy

Formerly ckhalil18
Original poster
Feb 7, 2011
The Motor City
I'm not getting any satellite signal on my locals in Detroit. Weather here is fine. Is there a problem with one of the uplink centers? Any answers are appreciated.

Sent from my iPod touch using SatelliteGuys

I'm not getting any satellite signal on my locals in Detroit. Weather here is fine. Is there a problem with one of the uplink centers? Any answers are appreciated.

Yeah I just got a message about one being down but the page with the affected channels is having trouble loading.

Yeah I just got a message about one being down but the page with the affected channels is having trouble loading.
I know WDIV ch 4 and WXYZ ch 7 are affected. I tried tuning to ch 7 to watch the football game and no signal. I tried ch 4 and no signal either so I'm assuming it's all Detroit locals (at least the HD ones)

They are out here in Flint, too. Bummer since I got cut off watching the Michigan game!
I know! Unbelievable. And I can't watch it on OTA either since for some reason my antenna is having trouble with ch 7 too. Weird. But I can tune to other stations on OTA just fine so it's probably a problem with my tv antenna. Still though it just sucks for me.

Wwj 950 AM was off the air for 20 minutes too.
Was there a power outage in Southfield or something? Seriously, I'm starting to think something must have happened with one of the radio/TV towers as well (this would be a separate issue besides the Dish outage). For those who don't know, Southfield is where all the Detroit towers are located. Then again the stations would be running on generator power if there was an outage, right?

Last edited:
Seems as though they are out again today. Couldn't watch BTN either. Anyone else in the area seeing this?

Seems as though they are out again today. Couldn't watch BTN either. Anyone else in the area seeing this?
I just got home from work and when I get a chance I'll check to see if they're working. I didn't see the Michigan game today so I don't know if BTN was working or not.
EDIT: Just checked WDIV ch 4 and it's working just fine.

Last edited:
Hmmm, I'll have to check later today. We just had dish installed in home we aren't completely moved into yet. We were there yesterday to move some things in and we were getting the "sorry, we know there's a problem with your locals" message on all of our locals and BTN. Maybe they came back on after we left at 7:00pm. Thanks for checking!!

Lots of audio dropouts on WWJ-TV CBS ch 62. Been watching it for the last hour and I notice it happening every 5-10 minutes. This seems to be the only channel that's affected.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts