Problems with On Demand and MyDirectv- Any ideas?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

AriesGodofWar

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 22, 2007
Fenton, Mo
Has anyone had issues with On-Demand lately? I have an HR34-700, the networking unit is wired directly to my router, however, as of a week ago, I suddenly can't access On Demand content and MyDirectv suggestions are gone with a message to check back later. Internet Connection shows go, all tests are good, and when I go to "reconnect Internet" it goes through and tells me it is connected. I am on 0Xac8. All the DVRs and Genies connected to the HR34 are working properly.

I just tried redownloading the firmware this afternoon in the hope it would resolve, and I figure I have to wait 24 hours before I will know. I am completely stumped as to what the issue could be. Anyone have any ideas or seen this before? Everything else is working properly, just nothing On Demand and MyDirectv shows nothing with a message to come back later. When I go to Movies or TV I get a message that it is downloading and to come back in an hour. TV Apps are all working properly as well. If it was an internet issue, it would be all or nothing, right?

I get a message which says 1000 (DTV) is currently not available

if this is how you normally access the on demand stuff, D* knows about issues with this channel not working for some people. try using the channel specific on demand (eg: 1242 for USA on demand).

otherwise i believe you can request a callback from the D* website for the receiver, try doing that and see if it ever comes back. that should tell you if the D* servers at least see the receiver.

Okay, just wanted to give an update with some more information as I am still having the issue.

So, my HR34 is still not populating MyDirectv (I get the come back later message) or able to access On Demand Channels. It shows my network services are running under advanced networking, I get a result code showing my box is connected, and the box works for content which needs to be streamed (ie watching a program, mid program, from the beginning which was not recorded), as well as for Apps. I do not however have Pandora showing as available, so I assume it is not downloading the package for it.

I checked my HR24 (on same whole home network), to see if it suffers the same issues and everything on it is working properly. In the interim, I even had a new router install for my Uverse access for a speed upgrade, and this did not resolve the issue either. I have the ports manually configured properly in the firewall for both boxes (which are all hooked to the same router) and I am using a wired DECA which is attached to the same splitter on which the HR34 is located.

Is it possible it has something to do with the current firmware? The HR34 previously worked fine until the mid-Dec national release.

Status
Please reply by conversation.