Problems with OTA Recording with HR24-500

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

kvez

Original poster
Jul 4, 2007
I have a new HR24-500 DVR with the AM-21 off air tuner. I can watch OTA programs without any difficulty. I have a number of OTA programs set to record through series manager, however, and I am running into intermittent problems (about 35% of the time). I can go to my playlist and attempt to play a recorded show. Within 1 sec of starting, however, I get an automatic message asking me if I would like to Delete Now? Yes or No. The progress bar at the bottom of the screen appears to show that the program is fully recorded, but I cannot get it to play...on affected shows I get the same message.
I've called D* tech support and they are clueless. If I force a reset, the affected (problem) shows disappear from the playlist. D* tells me that is an indication of a "corrupted recording" but can offer no other explanation other than they've never heard of it before. There are no weather issues (I am in Dallas) and I have never had this problem with satellite recordings. I guess I could series manager to record only the national networks, but then they will not be in HD.
Has anyone else had this problem? Any luck solving it?

I hope you are right that the next NR will fix the problem. As this would make it easier for me to replace my HR20 with an HR24 and not have to worry about which model I get. My HR20-100 is on its last legs.
I currently have the AM21 connected to my HR23, but plan to move it to an HR24.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts