Problems with recieving Directv HD channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

saildawg

Original poster
Sep 8, 2005
Hi everyone,
I am new here and new to satelite. I am having problems getting the all the HD channels, I subscribe to the HD package, but I only recieve the Discovery HD and the Fox HD feed. When I tune to espnhd and the others it says searching for satelite. I checked the signal meter and it says for 101W sat my signal is 90. For the 110/119W sat my signal is 86. I think it combines the 110 and 119 signal into one test. The signal is at 86 on transponder 22, however I think I read that sat 110 uses transponder 8,10, and 12. When I tune the meter on to these transponders, I get no signal. I think that I am not getting most of the HD channels is because I am getting no reception to sat 110. Does this sat carry most of the HD channels. I am concerned that the signal is absolutely nothing on transponder 8,10,12. I thought it would be a low signal, maybee this means one of the lnb is bad?

For the record I am on the backside of a hill and I have huge trees that surround the area. I am using a proscan hd reciever. I would appreciate any help. Thanks

Quick update, I do get espn2hd. So that is good, but I would like to get espnhd along with the rest of them.

Nope, it is a proscan pshd105, in the signal meter menu it has 2 test 101w sat, and 110/119W sat.

OK after getting off the phone with directv, I have determined that I do not have a clear line of sight to sat C (110). This must be why I am not getting some of the hd channels. I checked channel 490-494, and sat c was the only test station that I did not recieve. Looks like I am going to have to get up on the roof and do something the professional installer couldn't do, establish a clear line of sight. Any tips, I have never really done this before.

Yeah, it looks like you have lost the 110 sat. for some reason. What kind of dish do
you have? Phase 3 or old oval with added "C" LNB. If you have the older oval dish
with the "C"(middle) LNB added in, then you may be able to order just that special
LNB(the newer phase 3 LNB's cannot be removed). If you lived in one of the recent
storm area's, you may be eligable for a free dish replacement.

I am not sure which one I have, are there pictures or further descriptions so I can decide? Thanks for any input.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)