Problems with remote range

ric0chet06

Original poster
Jul 6, 2007
im in an apartment complex. 3 rooms upstairs, and my place in the back lower level. the 2 boxes are upstairs in the 2 of 3 rooms. My remote has to be moved all around to get a signal, and i looked on the back of the dvr box. It looks like a standard cable hookup, could i connect my 25 foot cable and extend the antenna? I'm the one paying for the dish bill, so i want the best service possible. thanks!

Yes you can put a cable on it and move the antenna. You can also get a cable amplifier and put it on there too if you have one lying around to test with. One of my units (622s) I have an extention cable the other one I use a cheap cable amp from Radio Shack.

cool, thanks. One of my upstairs tenants isn't too fond of t.v., and unfortunately the my dvr is in his room. Is it possible to move the dvr from his room to my room? I have a phone jack in my place, too. I think its the dish dvr 622. thanks!

cool, thanks. One of my upstairs tenants isn't too fond of t.v., and unfortunately the my dvr is in his room. Is it possible to move the dvr from his room to my room? I have a phone jack in my place, too. I think its the dish dvr 622. thanks!

You would have to re-route the cable from the dish that is currently connected to the diplexor to the room you move it to.

I just went 6'. Just moved the antenna from the bottom of the cabinate under the TV to the top of the TV (taped it to the back of the TV so not visible). That fixed my problem. They really have good range, but I suspect all the electronics were blocking the signal.

whats a diplexor? And i really want to move the dvr to my room because its not totally quiet, and the dude who rents the room is a quiet pianist who will never watch tv

You would need to get the satellite cable to the new location. A diplexor allows you to use a single piece of cable for both an antenna/cable feed and a satellite feed at the same time (takes 2, one to combine to send through the cable and a second one to split it back separate).

The diplexor would allow you to feed back the second TV output through the cable the satellite signal comes in on, if you were in the situation of only having one cable in the wall and no way to feed a second one.

im not sure if i understand this correctly. I have a cable that the dish guys installed in my room, where i want the dvr. I looked up in the room where the dvr is, only one cable coming into the room. This is what im wondering: I move the dvr to my room, and hook it all up like its hooked up upstairs. Then hook the cable upstairs to the t.v. would that work or no?

im not sure if i understand this correctly. I have a cable that the dish guys installed in my room, where i want the dvr. I looked up in the room where the dvr is, only one cable coming into the room. This is what im wondering: I move the dvr to my room, and hook it all up like its hooked up upstairs. Then hook the cable upstairs to the t.v. would that work or no?
NO. The cable now going into the 622 would have to be moved to the new room as well as the receiver. Your second TV cable would need to originate from the new location as well.

im in an apartment complex. 3 rooms upstairs, and my place in the back lower level. the 2 boxes are upstairs in the 2 of 3 rooms. My remote has to be moved all around to get a signal, and i looked on the back of the dvr box. It looks like a standard cable hookup, could i connect my 25 foot cable and extend the antenna? I'm the one paying for the dish bill, so i want the best service possible. thanks!
there is a better way move the anttena to the room with tv2 to do this you need two splitters splitter 1 get two small jumper wires on one of the out ports connect jumper to tv2 home distributing on the other jumper to the anttena port.on the in port run the wire from diplexer.splitter two connect wire on tv2 its selve to the in port.on one of the out ports connect anttena.on other out port connect to tv2 that will take care of the problem for good

yes it would but there is anouther diplexer in the system find it and change the wire on the in port withe the wire on the uhf port

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)