HD RSN'S are a JOKE

pduncan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 13, 2006
I don't get all of the hoopla going on about the HD RSN's, they seem to be a waste of good bandwidth to me.

I've mentioned this before in a different thread, but the Midwest one has been up in Indiana about a month now, and I can honestly say I have not seen one thing on there. Nothing but the Dish HDTV logo. Whats the point?

Am I missing something here. Do I need to activate something?

I don't get all of the hoopla going on about the HD RSN's, they seem to be a waste of good bandwidth to me.

I've mentioned this before in a different thread, but the Midwest one has been up in Indiana about a month now, and I can honestly say I have not seen one thing on there. Nothing but the Dish HDTV logo. Whats the point?

Am I missing something here. Do I need to activate something?
Check your zipcode on Welcome to Eplaybook

That will show you the teams that claim your area, and the RSNs that carry them. If your RSN is on E* in HD, you should get the game when the RSN has it. You might need the MultiSport package to get the RSNs for all the teams that claim your area.

I've watch some Cards games in HD in FSNMW. You have to check the HD schedule for the RSN to see when games are aired.

Have you tried to explain this to D*? Aren't they counting all their HD RSN's as part of the "100 National HD Channels"?:rolleyes:
Some of the RSNs are 24/7 HD. Can they count those? E* can't, they just do the games.

These channels like most of the other HD channels (including the big 4 networks) are increasing the amount of HD programming they broadcast. On some pf the RSNs they already have HD studio shows (NESN, SNY, YES to name a few).

IMO if the channel is carried CONUS and can be viewed nationally it is a national channel - much the same as the HD version of a premium movie channel that you have to sub to. I sub to the D* sports pak, I get all of the RSNs (not yet in HD of course), but when they light up in HD in the fall, they will indeed be HD nationals. Truthfully, I don't even know why this is a point needing debate, who cares really? DirecTv has stated they count them as nationals, they are not falsly advertising anything - they have STATED that it IS part of the expanded HD offering - if you don't care for them or like them - well that's YOUR opinion (not shared by all).

I agree. It's a total waste. It's only for a couple of baseball games? YAWN!

2 weeks and counting until the NFL Training Camps start to open. Now that's what I'm talking about.

If you don't like the games or sport that your RSN broadcasts then that's a matter of preference. If you are disappointed in the number of games broadcast in HD on your RSN then that is your RSN's fault, not E*'s.

E* is currently broadcasting all of the HD games available on each of the HD RSN's that they currently offer. What more would you like them to do?

Check your zipcode on Welcome to Eplaybook

That will show you the teams that claim your area, and the RSNs that carry them. If your RSN is on E* in HD, you should get the game when the RSN has it. You might need the MultiSport package to get the RSNs for all the teams that claim your area.

Well nice to see that EPlaybook has been updated... it gave me teh 2005 MN Twins Schedule.

Just do a google search for your FSN and HD and you should get the schedule of HD events, I know FSN North is doing about 40 Twins games in HD this season, and does about 10 Timberwolves and Wild games as well, other than that there is NO HD on the channel, so why waste bandwidth having the channel up full time, I think this is the smartest way for them to do it, its the same way Comcast does it in Minneapolis area as well, except they preempt Mojo to show the games.

Have you tried to explain this to D*? Aren't they counting all their HD RSN's as part of the "100 National HD Channels"?:rolleyes:

And why is this so important to you? Inferiority complex? Dude, enjoy what you can get. would you like them to count it as a 10th of a channel?

Yep, definite waste of channel space to make it hd for something that will get little use and on something that doesnt need to be in hd so soon.

They are not a waste of space. E* set them up to broadcast only when HD games are on to do exactly the opposite of what you say, to SAVE space.

Well, it has started. First, it was why doesn't Dish have my games in HD? Now, it's why is Dish wasting space on sports HD channels.

Folks, getting HD has not been easy and broadcasters would rather have you money for nothing. How about we not complain about ANY HD CONTENT Dish is willing to give us??? Of course there is little content yet but that will change. Even if it is the World Series of Poker or the USA Rock, Paper, Scissors Championship. If it is in HD, don't complain. The other content providers will see that we want HD content.

Besides, Animal Planet HD is coming soon so calm down...

Sorry, I just dont believe that sports is a good media to put hd into specialy when sports programming is already way overpriced in any package and now it gives E and D and all the cable companies including the actual providers even more reason to charge you and me the customer more for the privilege to view or in my case not view the programming. And really it is a waste of space to have a channel wether hd or sd that will only show programming part of the time.

Sorry, I just dont believe that sports is a good media to put hd into specialy when sports programming is already way overpriced in any package and now it gives E and D and all the cable companies including the actual providers even more reason to charge you and me the customer more for the privilege to view or in my case not view the programming. And really it is a waste of space to have a channel wether hd or sd that will only show programming part of the time.
Well, that's a matter of personal preference. Personally, I think that HD adds more enjoyment to sports programming than anything else. I do kind of agree that any HD channel showing SD programming should be blacked out for that timeframe.

Van, you're going down the road of the a la carte argument. We all pay for channels we don't watch.

We get it, you don't like sports. A lot more of us do. I'm sure you have channels you watch that I could care a less about. It goes both ways.

I also don't think any space is being wasted when just the logo is on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts